Accounts Assistant (AAT Qualified)
An exciting opportunity has come up for a couple of talented individuals to join one of our clients' team as an AAT qualified Accounts Assistant.
In this role you will receive on the job training to complement your technical knowledge and will be provided with the opportunity to learn a variety of accountancy software packages and build strong relationships.
Advanced development is encouraged and will be rewarded with the assignment of additional responsibilities enabling you to advance to the next level in your career.
You will be assigned your own portfolio of clients and will be working alongside senior members of staff, providing assistance when needed in a fast paced environment where good communication skills are essential.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Preparation and review of monthly journals; prepayments, accruals, salaries and depreciation
- Roll forward of monthly reporting packages and preparation of accurate financial reporting packs for review
- Organising source documentation received from clients for processing
- Supervision and training of Financial Administrators
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Completion of VAT reporting requirements
- Preparation of low risk FSA returns
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Assistance with year end procedures and liaising with auditors
- Liaising with clients and answering routine queries
What are they are looking for?
- Full AAT qualification and at least 3 years' practical work experience
- Strong experience in preparing monthly management accounts
- Xero accounting software experience
- Strong IT skills and sound knowledge of excel
- Strong analytical skills and good attention to detail
- Ability to manage own tasks, good time management and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- A minimum of seven A-C grades at GCSE level including grades B or above in both English and Maths
- Very strong communication skills
- An enthusiastic, smart working individual with a "can do" attitude
- A commitment to progressing their career in accountancy
- Self-discipline, organised, proactive, able to make and justify own decisions