Accountancy and Finance
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£28000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits + study package|
|Job Published:||over 4 years ago|
£28,000 - £34,000 + Bonus + Benefits + Study Package
This well established investment management group manages nearly £20bn of assets for an array of loyal private clients, charities and pension funds. In the last 7 years they have expanded rapidly and have circa 250 employees with offices in the UK and the Far East. They have an open and collegiate team culture with a strong partnership approach and cultivating long term employment and progressive career progression.
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Strong academic background and studying ACCA (or similar) with 1-2 years' experience working as a trainee accountant
- Strong attention to detail and a knowledge of an accounting system
- Excellent communication skills; a good standard of oral and written communication
- Absolute focus on client service, including awareness of cultural differences in working practices
- Intermediate/advanced level of IT literacy (MS Office, especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Exercise judgement and clarity of thought, adaptable and flexible team worker and ambitious and realistic
- Demonstrates an active curiosity and questioning mind, prepared to investigate and use initiative
- Commitment to continuous improvement and learning - professionally and personally
You will work within the Finance team, providing assistance to the Senior Accountant and other team members to carry out reporting and analysis for Senior Management. This role will suit a driven individual to join the team who is an adaptable and flexible team worker.
- You will assist in the production of monthly and quarterly management accounts for UK, Channel Island and Hong Kong business entities.
- Assist in the completion of statutory returns, including VAT returns and FSA returns (as well as other National statistics and Compeer surveys).
- Deal with any ad-hoc queries and analysis from the business.
- Maintaining the Sales ledger processing, including raising customer sales invoices on a monthly and quarterly basis and liaising with other teams within the Business to ensure fees have had the appropriate approval.
- Maintain the fee sharing agreement and rebates to third parties process; liaising with third parties and the Operations Control team to ensure fees collected from clients owing to IFA's are paid on to them.
- Responsible for completing monthly bank reconciliations.
- Debtor's control: Responsible for monitoring outstanding management fees and liaising with the relevant Front Office representatives to collect these fees in a timely manner.
- Administer the corporate credit cards and responsible for distribution of statements, collection of receipts and processing in purchase ledger.
- Responsible for reconciling the firm's petty cash.
- Provide assistance to Accounts Associate to manage purchase ledger including processing supplier invoices from end to end (registering invoice to making payments) and providing full cover for accounts payable function as necessary.
- Assisting with employee expense claim process; ensuring claims are accurately submitted with the relevant receipts and authorisation.
- Responsibilities also include anything else that may be reasonably requested.
Sorry, this job is no longer available