Brief Role Description:
The role of the Accounts Assistant is to assist the Treasury Operations Manager in meeting the company's Treasury requirements and to support the business unit through accurate and timely expense and payment processing. This is a long term contract with the view to go permanent.
- Responsible for processing payments required by the business including (but not limited to):
- Setting up of Vendors
- Processing Invoices
- Insurance Payments
- Operating expenses
- Processing expenses
- Internal Bank to Bank Transfers
- Responsible for Treasury and Accounts Payable-related reporting including (but not limited to):
- Journal entries
- Balance sheet reconciliations (Bank and Accounts Payable)
- Finalisation of insurance payments/receipts
- Solvency II and SOx Cash & Bank and Accounts Payable process narratives
- Preparation of annual statutory IFRS accounts for the company's legal entity including (but not limited to):
- Co-ordinating the timely delivery of information from internal customers
- Preparation of Notes to the financial statements
- Responsible for accruals and prepayments related reporting and controls for the company's Europe business unit including (but not limited to):
- Maintaining relevant schedules
- Journal entries
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and other Ad-hoc duties.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Significant experience in a busy Accounts Payable role
- Experience processing high volume invoices
- Competent in the use of PeopleSoft
- Experience with debits and credits or studying towards an accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT)
- Accustomed to managing internal and external queries in a timely manner
- Organised approach to tasks and demonstrates an ability to manage multiple pieces of work effectively
- Strong Interpersonal and influencing skills
Key Skills and Behaviours:
- Takes responsibility for the quality, completeness and accuracy of work.
- Shows initiative, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Critically evaluates and challenges current work practices.
- Is able to deal with challenging deadlines and prioritises effectively.
- Provides accurate and timely updates on status of work and escalates issues appropriately.
- Participates actively in meetings, has 'meeting presence'.
- Is a committed team member who shares information, knowledge and experience openly.
- Communicates in a clear and practical manner both verbally and in writing.
- Has a good timekeeping and attendance record.