Analyst - Model Portfolio Management, Strategy and Research
£40,000 - £48,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a highly successful and reputable leading international HNW wealth management and investment firm and a recognised leader within their industry. They advise on over £40bn of assets. The role is primarily responsible for supporting the management of their model portfolios and will also provide wider support to the team. In this role you will gain a broad exposure to the full range of investment research and portfolio management although this is not an pure investment research role but is only part of the role. Good career development is offered to the right individual.
Reporting to a the Director of Investment Strategy & Research the role is primarily responsible for supporting the management of model portfolios and will also provide wider support to the team. The successful incumbent will gain a broad exposure to the full range of investment research and portfolio management. The primary role is the up keep of model portfolios and order management systems. The portfolio models are multi asset and predominantly invest into mutual funds. While this is not a pure research role there will be some, the person will work in the team responsible for investment research and strategy and therefore be able to interact with the investment team (i.e. it is not in the admin team). Essential skills include the ability to understand and breakdown portfolio characteristics (e.g. asset/currency/ style exposure) and strong numerical skills in order to understand and produce as hoc calculations such as attribution and performance numbers). Responsibilities include:
- The primary duty is the maintenance and up-keep of portfolio management models which will involve working on spreadsheets and order management systems
- Plan and prepare model change instructions
- Assist with the preparation of internal and client reporting including production of data and graphs
- Assist with production of packs of portfolio positioning and research data for the Investment Strategy & Research team
- Support the Investment Strategy & Research team with conducting in-depth fund manager and product research
- Assist the Investment Strategy & Research team with ad-hoc tasks
- Support the Investment Strategy & Research team with conducting research
- Adhere to Investment Management and Group Compliance policies and procedures, undertaking appropriate regulatory training and dealing with potential breaches of compliance policies without delay
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this excellent role, you must meet the flowing criteria:
- Excellent numerical skills and educated to degree level 2:1 minimum - preferably including an element of mathematical or statistics related disciplines as the work will include Maths based work.
- Previous experience in financial services is essential, preferably within investment markets and asset or wealth management;
- A keen interest in investment issues and a desire to deepen knowledge;
- Advanced skills in Excel and must have the ability to develop macros;
- Immediate to advanced level in all other Microsoft Office applications;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Excellent organizational skills, methodical and meticulous - very strong attention to detail;
- Committed to delivery, proactive and hardworking and ability to work under pressure;
The company gives strong support to members of the investment team who wish to further their studies.