Compliance & Legal
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits|
|Job Published:||about 2 years ago|
Analyst - Portfolio On-boarding
£45000 - £50000 + Bonus + Benefits
A Global Asset Management firm in Central London are currently searching for an Analyst to join their Portfolio Onboarding team. The team supports the Investment Division by managing initial setup and ongoing maintenance of external money manager relationships, internal direct investing strategies, new product/fund launches, and 3rd party assignments.
You will help to ensure that proper and prudent risk control measures, policies, and procedures are developed, documented, and implemented to effectively manage business risk and maximize organizational efficiency.
- Negotiate and maintain investment management agreements (IMAs) and respective investment guidelines between Russell Investments and money managers (including the coordination of such with respective internal stakeholders).
- Determine money manager and derivatives contract requirements specific to each hire/fire/change event.
- Gain exposure to the end-to-end process for manager changes from governance approval to signed contract receipt to operational set up to ensure completion of all implementation steps.
- Work with Russell Investments' portfolio managers and external money managers to draft appropriate content for investment guidelines.
- Act as a liaison for internal and external legal counsel to negotiate legal documentation with counterparties for trading derivative instruments (e.g. ISDAs, FCM agreements, Collateral Control Agreements, Listed Options Agreements).
- Work with FCM counterparties to establish derivative clearing accounts for trading derivative instruments such as listed options, listed equity futures, and credit derivatives.
- Ongoing maintenance of derivative documentation. Ensure proper logging and storage of documents, as well as communication to stakeholders.
- Enforce compliance to derivative regulations (Dodd-Frank, EMIR, MiFID II, etc.) as they apply to new account onboarding and assist with implementation of new regulations.
- Management of fund/client documentation including tax forms, prospectuses, investment management agreements, etc.
- Assistance with the drafting of any necessary documentation for the above two functions of the team.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Educated to degree level: LBB or similar degree with a focus on law.
- 1-2 years of contract drafting and negotiation or paralegal experience.
- Must be analytical, detail-oriented and have experience working with contracts in a legal environment.
- Excellent communication skills, understanding how to tailor communication style to the situation at hand.
- Ability to explore the cause of ongoing problems and propose lasting solutions.
- Individual contributor and strong team-player in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments under short deadlines.
- Proficiency with word and good overall Microsoft Office skills (excel).
- Ability to identify potential issues and promote efficient resolution. Set and pursue goals and demonstrate a commitment to organizational success.
- Prompt resolution of issues when they are identified.
- Ability to quickly and readily adapt to change and embrace new opportunities.
- Strong technical knowledge of basic contract law & contract drafting concepts.
- Good understanding of the regulatory landscape in the asset management space (including MiFID II, UCITS, UMR, FCA Rules & AIFMD).
- Good project management skills.
Sorry, this job is no longer available