|Location:||City of London, London|
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£25000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits + Pension Contribution|
|Job Published:||almost 5 years ago|
Assistant Accountant (Maternity Cover) 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
£25,000 - £30,000 + Benefits + Pension Contribution
Part-Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA (Minimum: P1 Level Paper Completed)
A 'Fortune 100 Fastest Growing Company' and Forbes' 'Best Small Company' based with Bromley are a financial services, people orientated organisation who base their work upon respect for customers and clients alike. They are a world leading and internationally growing, consumer financial services and business management advisory company with locations globally. If you are a talented professional who is seeking a challenging and interesting role, this organisation could be your next step forward.
The role and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the preparation and completion process of quarterly and yearly financial statements with disclosures and other ad hoc financial information
- Preparation and delivery of administration tasks (such as fund drawdowns and distributions) and investors communications
- Ensure accurate recording of information between different fund vehicles.
- Ensure fund bank accounts and intercompany accounts are reconciled on a continuous basis.
- Work closely with the technical team to ensure financial statements meet the funds reporting requirements of UK GAAP, US GAAP, IFRS and LPA GAAP.
- Review drawdown and equalisation calculations to ensure the accuracy of figures, as funds seek access to their commitments.
- Review distribution calculations, ensuring the flow of funds from investment sales are accurately recorded right through to fund partner payments.
- Ensure the correct and timely recording of fund management fees and contribute ideas to improve processes (gain efficiencies or reduce risk)
- Prepare partner statements for the correct accounting of equity held within each reportable fund.
- Ensure the accurate communication of all fund movements between the fund and its partners, through the issuance of relevant fund notices.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis for review and respond to client and investor queries
- Oversee processing of financial information of junior team members and provide job training/mentoring where required.
Criteria of Experience for the successful candidate:
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Experience of liaising with external third parties.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package, particularly Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Actively studying ACCA (or equivalent) with a minimum of P1 level passed.
Desired Experience which would be an advantage:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX accounting system will be advantages
Criteria of Skills:
The candidate must be timely, well organised with excellent communication skills (orally and written). The candidate must have analytical attention to detail who is highly self motivated and enjoys problem solving and finding 'root problems'.
Sorry, this job is no longer available