£27,000 - £35,000 + Study Support + Bonus + Benefits
They are a well known and established SME, who provide financial data products and services to the financial services industry.
Reporting to the Senior Management Accountant and working closely with the FD, you will provide an excellent support service within the small accounting function for the holding company's two London based companies, ensuring the highest levels of financial integrity and accuracy, and to assist in the successful delivery of the overall Finance Department objectives. The Senior Management Accountant works partially remotely so you will need to be able to work independently at times. Your role includes the following:
- Maintain full set of accounting books and produce month end closing report.
- Ensure payments and receipts are fully recorded and authorised.
- Prepare and carry out full Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger functions.
- Review and process staff expense reimbursements, invoicing and bank reconciliations.
- Assist with the preparation of regular financial and management related reports.
- Assist in completing the audit schedules and other ad hoc assignments.
- Assist with the review and processing of office expenses, Travel & Entertainment and invoices.
- Coordinate general ledger close, including preparation of journal entries.
- Preparation of monthly prepayments, accruals and depreciation.
- Generate and submit sales invoices to customers.
- Review accounts receivable for discrepancies and follow up with collections as outlined by the company's policies and procedures.
- Assist other departments as required with input of data into relevant systems.
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- At least 2 years relevant Accounts experience.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel & Word. Knowledge of SAGE 300 or equivalent is an advantage.
- University graduate / Diploma, majoring in Accounting, or other relevant disciplines related to Accounting or Finance such as AAT qualified.
- Part-qualification in a relevant Accounting professional qualification (ACCA or CIMA) or AAT qualified and wishes to now study CIMA or ACCA
- Excellent organisational skills and strong numerical skills.
- High level of accuracy with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work proactively, using individual initiative ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional in attitude and appearance, self-motivated, ability to speak with staff at all levels, punctual, reliable, approachable, and with good work ethic.