£26,000 - £32,000 + attractive benefits + study support
City of London
They are a growing international financial services company that provides services to private equity and real estate private equity firms across the globe. They have offices in over 10 international locations and work with funds across over 30 countries. They are a truly international company and offer excellent career development prospects. They employ bright part-qualified to Affiliate level ACCAs who understand and appreciate the meaning of the words "service", "delivery" and "professionalism" and who wish to work within a vibrant, fast paced and busy environment. With this company, you will pick up new skills and knowledge and gain exposure to private equity investment life cycle, from those within their period of capital-raising to others within their divestment phase. As such, they are interested in candidates from any industry background provided they meet the minimum criteria set out below. Full training and support is provided.
The role is varied and will include:
- Responsible for the preparation of Financial Statements with Disclosures and other ad-hoc financial information for stakeholders;
- Preparation and delivery of administrative tasks required by stakeholders (for example fund drawdowns and distributions) and of investor communications;
- Take ownership and respond Client/Investor queries within 24 hours of receipt;
- Communicate and build relationships with individuals at senior levels within the company;
- Completion of all work in line with the company's standard procedures;
- Contribute ideas to improve processes to either gain efficiencies or reduce risk;
- Oversee processing of financial information of junior team members and provide on the job training where required.
Who they are looking for
You must meet the following criteria:
- Good working knowledge of double entry accounting as well as experience of preparing or assisting in preparing statutory accounts, and
- A minimum of 3 B grade A levels or equivalent, and
- University Degree in Accountancy/Business/Maths or otherwise demonstrable strong aptitude for numeracy or fully / part qualified AAT preferable or successful completion of at least two ACCA / ACA / CIMA exams;
- Desire to complete either the ACCA or CIMA course towards full professional qualification;
- Minimum of two years' experience working in a professional office environment either within an
accounts department or preferably within an accounting service provider;
- Experience in processing and providing financial information for review;
- Intermediate Excel skills, and
- Deadline driven with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills. interpersonal skills, and;
- Strong interpersonal skills able to communicate effectively with colleagues and up to Board Level.