|Salary:||£48000 - £53000 per annum + Bonus + ...........|
|Job Published:||about 4 years ago|
My clienty is a leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services, and securities trading.
My clients Banking division provides lending to small businesses and individuals, with an emphasis on specialist finance. We also offer deposit taking services to UK businesses and individuals.
In Securities, they provide trading services in the UK through Winterflood, a leading market-maker.
My client provides a range of financial advice, investment management and on-line investing services, helping clients to secure their financial future.
My client believe our traditional merchant banking values, based on service and integrity, continue to be relevant today. We define our approach to business as 'modern merchant banking' - values that are embedded in our culture and that underpin everything we do.
My client employs 2,700 people, principally in the UK. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and are a member of the FTSE 250.
Job Summary & Key Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology for London Investments, this role will be:
Working directly with Private Client Fund Managers and other business users to develop and enhance front office systems/macro based applications.
- Developing and maintaining IT systems internally for the Investments business, where is it not practical for these to be supplied by third parties
- Developing and maintaining automated solutions to business and operational problems through cost effective application and technology
- Working closely to understand the data and database schema held within the system so as to be able to lead data migrations to other systems
- Working with third party vendors on Support tickets and issues and following up for a timely resolution
- Working with external third party providers on data interfaces to be implemented between systems
- Working with Project teams as part of the delivery team, suggesting business solutions and seeing them through to implementation
Utilising your Oracle PL/SQL, VB/Excel VBA and Crystal Reports skills:
- Write complex Oracle views, Stored procedures and packages
- Develop complex Excel macros and Excel based applications based on requirements from business users
- Create Crystal Reports using a third party Wealth Management system - (Pulse Software Systems)
- Ensure strict security levels/controls are maintained and required audit procedures followed
- Ensure internal service levels are monitored, reviewed and maintained.
- Lead data migration / data cleansing projects
Essential Skills & Experience
- Advanced Excel VBA Programming skills
- Advanced Oracle / PL SQL skills
- Extensive expertise with stored procedure and function development, packages, triggers
- Programming experience with .NET applications
- A proven track record of data analysis and development using PL/SQL and VB/Excel VBA
- Strong problem analysis and ability to find creative sustainable solutions to system issues and user problems.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to translate technical issues to non-technical personnel being both persistent and patient
- Ability to take ownership for projects and deliver to deadline by being persistent to ensure tasks are completed
- Self-motivated with the ability to work reliably with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills, the candidate must be able to work well with others
- SSIS Packages and reports
Preferred Skill & Experience
- Experience with a reporting tool such as Crystal reports is preferred
- SharePoint workflow skills would be desirable.
- Previous experience within financial services industry ideally gained within a wealth management company
Demonstrate an understanding of and compliance with regulatory framework relevant to the role, whilst practising effective risk management taking account of outcomes for clients.
Only UK & EU applications will be reviewed.
Sorry, this job is no longer available