Assistant Credit Risk Manager
£ 45,000 - £ 55,000 + bonus + benefits
Who they are
They are a highly successful, growing specialist bank who have a strong commercial property lending business. They now have a newly created role for an individual with property / real estate credit risk experience.
Reporting to the Group Credit Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the respective Credit Managers across the Bank's Bridging, Property Development and Asset Finance Divisions. Primary responsibility and focus will be on bridging and the mitigation of credit risk whilst optimising profit, the maintenance of accurate information on databases and the preparation of reports to senior management. You will assist with the control of credit to avoid risk of loss specifically in bridging secured by property assets but also across all the bank's divisions. You will control credit risks and efficiently managing all the credit portfolios within the bank's corporate objectives. You will also aid the improvement of the performance of impaired assets as well as proactive recovery of impaired assets. Your role will include the following:
- Provide initial input and opinion on individual credit propositions in order to structure the deal to mitigate risk, ensure adequate reward and avoid time being wasted on inappropriate proposals;
- Attend Credit Committees and provide own view on all credit proposals, comment on any pertinent issues and provide input to Chairman (or Vice Chairman in his absence).
- Minute Credit Committees (as above) as required;
- Review facility letters to ensure that they accurately reflect the terms of sanction as agreed by Credit Committee and sign off as appropriate within discretion;
- Ensure control of excesses and overdue loans;
- Ensure the timely conduct of loan reviews and portfolio reviews by business development managers and Heads of Department; and
- Liaise with business development managers, clients, bridging loans department, asset finance department and/or Credit Committee, as appropriate.
Management of Credit Exposures
- Assist in the approval of loan drawdown at inception/ completion;
- Assist in the approval of subsequent drawdowns of works under monitoring surveyor certificates; and assist in the renewal/extension of loans.
- Assist with the management of the recovery of any impaired assets including liaising with LPA Receivers; Property professionals; contractors; property managers; lawyers; accountants and others to prevent loss and recover existing provisions optimally where possible;
- Assist in the regular reporting of assets on Early Warning List; Recovery List and Arrears schedule to Senior Management and assist in determining recovery strategy and actions to be taken.
Who they are looking for
There maybe parts of the role which will require training and this will be given. To be considered for this excellent role you must meet the following criteria:
- A maximum 5 years credit risk related property / real estate or asset finance exposure
- Experience gained by working in a credit function or credit related function
- Good written/report writing skills and able to communicate accurately, both verbally and in writing
- Able to work to tight deadlines whilst paying attention to detail and able to work with limited supervision
- Eager to learn and develop knowledge and skills further