ASSISTANT FUND CONTROLLER
£Dependant on experience and ability + Bonus + Benefits
They are a global real estate investment firm with over $15bn assets under management on behalf of institutional investors throughout their offices in the USA, Far East, London and Europe. They are a fast moving, commercially driven business who offers excellent career opportunities and development. This role is only open to an ambitious, highly motivated person with a commercial mind set who is looking for a highly sought after and rare opportunity to work both in Finance and Operations. This role will also involve some international travel.
Working alongside the fund management team, internal legal counsel and external service providers, the successful candidate will contribute to the overall goal of running a proven, global real estate fund. The role will also include the day to day running of several global client mandates from an accounting/ operational perspective. Initially, the role will focus on investor financial reporting, valuation of investments, performance analysis and managing the relationship with service providers including administrators and auditors. Going forward, the Fund CFO is keen for a highly motivated candidate to develop in the role and provide support on transactions, including financial due diligence on operating partners, fund structuring and also tax compliance across multiple jurisdictions, including the US.
- Prepare quarterly investor reporting, including liaising with the investment team, investor services and the third party fund administrators.
- Responsible for valuation process across global real estate investments including review of valuation policy and methodology. Arrange quarterly Pricing Committee for fund vehicles, and prepare associated valuation / performance working papers.
- Responsible for monitoring foreign currency exposure
- Co-ordinate with legal and tax advice on PPM revisions and regulatory compliance.
- To manage audit of IFRS financial statements with third party administrator and auditors.
- Responsible for reviewing the dividend calculations, and NAV calculations.
- Responsible for performance measurement of the fund and investments, including IRRs, equity multiples, time weighted Modified Dietz and local currency calculations.
- Responsible for cash management and reviewing investor drawn down notices.
- Work closely with investment management teams in USA, Far East, Europe and London offices on closing transactions.
- Work with the investment team on deal support, including operational due diligence.
- Assist the Fund Controller with tax compliance across multiple jurisdictions. Oversight includes Luxembourg VAT returns, US tax filings and 3% French taxes filings.
- Work closely with third party registrar to on-board new investors and prepare material for RFPs and investor queries.
- Managing global separate accounts monthly and quarterly reporting. Includes preparation of £200m + NAV accounts and the review of accounts prepared by junior staff members.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
This is an amazing opportunity to use your skills in an exciting and interesting environment in a wide ranging commercial role. To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- ACA, qualified with 1 to 2 years post qualification experience.
- Audit / Transaction services experience with Big Four or mid-tier accountancy firm.
- Previous experience working in a real estate or private equity or at a fund manager or the aforementioned industries via audit, TS or corporate finance.
- Strong technical and accounting skills are essential e.g. IFRS knowledge and experience of valuation either through audit or other practical experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with good commercial acumen.
- Team player - able to work effectively and collaboratively within a small dedicated team but also a large local platform.
- Ability to multi-task well, attention to detail and superb organizational skills.