Assistant Internal Auditor
£26,000 - £32,000 + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
They are a dynamic, highly successful, entrepreneurial growing bank specialising in lending with an excellent reputation. They have a very collegiate environment. In line with their business expansion and also a move of one member of the department into the business, they are now expanding their audit department from 3 to 5. You will contribute to deliver the 2018/2019 audit plan. Although the department has a flat structure, the experience and exposure will be outstanding for someone who is looking to learn and develop without limitations. You will get to see the whole of the bank and its different products and businesses as well as exposure to all senior levels of the dynamic management team. In the last few years members of the team have made the natural move in to the business itself.
As an internal auditor, you will assist the Internal Audit (IA) Function to provide an independent assurance to Management that the Bank's risk management, governance and controls are operating effectively. You must be a self-starter and work independently as well as part of the team and be able to work in an entrepreneurial environment. The scope and nature of audits will vary and areas audited include all lending divisions, corporate functions and second line functions such as Credit, Risk and Compliance. You will assist with the delivery of the annual audit programme under the supervision of the Internal Audit Manager and/or Head of Internal Audit (HIA). Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct audit testing as required with limited supervision from the Audit Manager and/or the Head of Internal Audit (HIA).
- Ability to identify risks with guidance of the Audit Manager / HIA.
- Ability to identify control weaknesses and escalate to the Audit Manager / HIAsks of the Audit Manager / HIA
- Present management actions to the Audit Manager/HIA
- Attend close out meetings
- Attend close out meetings and participate in agreeing with the Business on management actions.
- Log audit findings on an audit tracker to follow-up remedial action.
- Maintain all necessary working papers to support audit findings.
- Manage internal stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be in process of or would want to obtain qualification on (MIAA, PIIA, ACCA, ACA, CIMA);
- At least 1 years work experience working as an Internal Auditor / External Auditor or within Internal Controls or a top 10 firm of accountants and financial services experience;
- Competent IT (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and presentation skills and an ability to communicate sensitively and accurately but effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Critical thinker, ability to identify risks and controls issues and have the ability and mindset to remain independent at all times;
- Time management skills with the ability to work under pressure to tight timescales whilst paying attention to detail.
- Able to exercise the professionalism, confidentiality and discretion when dealing with confidential information.