Assistant Investment Manager
£40,000 - £45,000 + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
- Are you Level 4 IMC or CISI IAD qualified or CFA Part qualified (Level 1)?
- Do you have a bare minimum of two years experience in an investment support function?
- Are you after a long term career opportunity which you can grow into a fully qualified and experienced Investment Manager?
They are a leading and highly respected Investment Manager. They are one of the UK's leading providers of investment management services for individuals, charities and professional advisers. They are currently looking for an "Assistant Investment Director" to join them on a permanent basis, offering full training and support to the right candidate to help them develop a career within Investment Management. This is an opportunity to be joining one of the businesses key teams.
You'll be tasked with assisting the Investment Directors in the care of client portfolios ensuring that a high level of professional standards are maintained at all times. This is a regulated position as you'll be advising and dealing in securities on behalf of the Senior Managers.
Duties of the role:
- Write to clients, answering any queries in relation to sales, purchases, dividends paid and Rights Issues, as required.
- Open new accounts and load stock onto the valuation system, liaise with former brokers in relation to the transfer of stocks and cash. Feed Capital Gains Tax histories onto the system and liaise with the Operations team as needed.
- Communicate with clients, either by telephone or letter, in a prompt and accurate fashion.
- Execute trades as required and directed by Senior Managers.
- Work as part of a team of Investment Managers, supporting them in administrative matters as may be required.
- Communicate and liaise with IT and Operations Department, working with them to implement any necessary changes to the systems and records.
- Contribute towards continuing development of the Group by participating in projects, committees and other activities as may be requested from time to time.
- Maintain and develop good relationships with brokers, professional advisers and other relevant organisations carrying out desk research as necessary so that investment and technical knowledge is maintained and increased. This includes maintaining up to date knowledge of and adherence to current regulatory requirements,
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong academic background; Degree educated with either CISI IAD/IMC (Level 4) or CFA PART Qualified. Candidates who are qualified or studying to CFA level 2 or CISI Chartered Wealth Manager Qualification are also at a distinct advantage.
- Will have a bare minimum of 2 years experience within an Investment Support Function. Please note that candidates who have experience within an advisory role will have a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrable skills in Investment Administration; being fully competent in the administration of client processes in compliance with company systems and procedures.
- A track history of ongoing commitment to the delivery of excellent client service. You'll be dealing with client queries efficiently, providing support to investment managers for meetings and ensuring records are kept up-to-date.
- Demonstrable networking skills, evidenced through peer networks, and has the willingness to actively participate in Corporate functions. You'll be required to articulate the company's proposition.