The successful candidate will be assigned responsibility for assisting the Luxembourg Tax Manager. As such, he/she will have primary responsibility for the following important functions or areas:
* Coordinate VAT providers in the framework of periodical and annual VAT filings;
* Review VAT deliverables;
*Understanding of the FATCA / CRS data collection and reporting process;
* Review tax assessments received and dispatch payments among Financial Controllers;
* Assist with the preparation of functional currency requests and other communications to the tax authorities;
* Assist the Tax Manager with reviewing complex Luxembourg tax returns;
* Assist the Tax Manager with transfer pricing related matters;
* Assist the Tax Manager with current projects (automation, processes documentation, etc.);
* Assist the Tax Manager with deal related requests;
* Monitor and sort tax related mail received by post and escalate key items to Tax Manager;
* Review tax invoices received from tax providers and be part of the approval process;
* Perform various administrative tasks to support the activity of the Luxembourg tax department.
* 4+ years' experience in Luxembourg tax;
* Good understanding of Luxembourg tax filing requirements;
* Previous experience at a Luxembourg private equity / real estate house is an asset;
* Big-4 experience in Luxembourg (Tax advisory or Tax compliance) is an asset.
* Good ability to multi-task;
* Deadline oriented;
* Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment;
* Good computer skills and experience with Microsoft Excel;
* Team-oriented and must possess strong integrity and professionalism;
* Process and project oriented;
* Excellent command of English in both written and verbal communication; French or German is an advantage.