|Location:||Amsterdam, North Holland|
|Salary:||£35000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||almost 3 years ago|
Associate Credit Analyst - Insurance
£35,000 - £45,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Amsterdam (initially London)
They are a global financial institution with strong reputation for its research and credit analysis. This role will be initially based in London for 9 months and then transfer to Amsterdam in 2018 where the position will be permanently based. Candidates must therefore be flexible in terms of initial location but committed to living and working in Amsterdam.
You will perform credit analysis on a portfolio of insurance and re-insurance companies who operate in the European Markets. You will mentored by an experienced team leader. The role includes the following responsibilities:
- High quality credit assessments on an insurance and reinsurance portfolio of companies. This will also mean producing accurate and informative reports to support the credit findings and decision.
- Regular engagement both face to face or over the telephone with senior management of companies. This is not a pure desk bound job and you will be required to attend company meetings, with more senior colleagues, to obtain relevant information to support the credit analysis.
- Conduct on-going assessments of assigned portfolios and develop industry knowledge, including the identification of key trends and issues that may affect your portfolio.
- Present your analysis to internal credit analysis committee, participate in committees of other analysis, and contribute to internal discussions regarding the state of the markets and rating issues.
- Take part in external presentations, forums and the compilation and research of specialist reports commenting on key market issues and trends. You will be highly personable and develop a wide range of contacts in the insurance industry for the purpose of furthering market intelligence.
- You will be required to occasionally travel internationally.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Strong academic background including a minimum 2:1 degree in Maths, Economics, Finance, Business or Accountancy.
- Additional relevant professional qualifications are an advantage (MBA, CFA, ACA/ACCA, Actuarial, etc.).
- Developed knowledge of the insurance market and principles of finance and accounting,
- Solid experience of conducting financial analysis, ideally within the insurance industry, financial services sector or a financial services consultancy firm.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience of developing and managing professional relationships with external stakeholders.
- Self-starter and pro-active in bringing new ideas and solutions to the table and aggressively seeking knowledge.
- Fluency in French, German, or Spanish is beneficial but not essential.
Sorry, this job is no longer available