Associate Director / Director of Finance
£80000 - £90000 + bonus + benefits
They are the London business of an expanding and global fund services business. The London operation, which this new role sits within, has a planned expansion and this role will be critical in helping to expand the client base as well as ensuring accurate delivery of financial statements and other reporting for clients.
- Overall responsibility for financial statements and any other client financial reporting requirements;
- Working closely with the financial reporting and operations team and the company secretarial team to ensure that financial reports (half yearly and annual accounts) are prepared on an accurate and timely basis;
- Working closely with the operations director and senior manager on the financial reporting and operations team to ensure delivery of net asset values and management accounts on an accurate and timely basis and, in particular, taking responsibility for alternative asset class funds (for example debt, private equity real estate funds);
- Liaising with/working closely with the operational teams during the accounts preparation process;
- Responsibility for ensuring that financial statements are released and filed in accordance with both management set deadlines and statutory deadlines;
- Ensuring financial statements are compliant with UK GAAP/IFRS and SORP as applicable;
- Ensuring financial statements are compliant with relevant stock exchange rules as applicable;
- Monitoring, highlighting and reporting on changes to UK GAAP/IFRS requirements as applicable to clients and other team members;
- Attending Board meetings with company secretaries and acting as a lead on financial reporting matters
- Managing client relationships;
- Responsibility for regulatory compliance in relation to all finance related matters for clients and management company;
- Acting as a signatory for management company;
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
- An excellent level of knowledge of IFRS / UK GAAP applicable to listed funds and also preferably real estate and/or private equity funds is essential.
- ACCA / ACA qualified with substantial PQE including a minimum of 10 years relevant industry exposure with at least 5 years at senior manager level.
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP/IFRS applicable to funds;
- Excellent knowledge of stock exchange rules as applicable to listed funds;
- Ability to work on own initiative and with other team members;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality service to clients;
- Excellent communication skills at both client and internal levels