Purpose of role:
Providing clients with an efficient and effective service through the control and efficient use of the department resources. Liaison with other departments to ensure close liaison on client affairs and assisting in administration tasks to ensure a smooth running of the department.
- Client Portfolio - ensure that clients receive an efficient and proactive service and client expectations are exceeded throughout the year. Liaison with client directors and other company staff where appropriate to ensure all are kept up to date with relevant issues.
- Audit work and setting budgets - Awareness of commercial aspects of clients business and impact on our work. Arrangement of timetable, booking of staff, planning review and completion of audit and other related assignments.
- Department Administration - Monitoring of qualified and student bookings and workloads to ensure most efficient use of resources. Liaison with junior staff to assess any issues that need dealing with.
- Business/Practise Development - Preparation of proposals for new work, attendance at marketing events , development of personal contacts and identification and development of opportunities for the company with current clients.
- Training and development - Ensuring assessment forms completed and feedback given to staff on all jobs. Ensuring appropriate in house and external training received personally.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA).
- Good working knowledge of account and auditing standards, industry specifics and their application.
- To act as a reference point when required by staff or clients.
- Good working knowledge of skill requirements of staff at various levels to ensure work undertaken by appropriate individual.
- Strong communication skills in order to liaise with clients, directors, staff and other professionals.
- Previous experience of management and motivation of staff to ensure best performance.
- Organisation to ensure needs of clients, directors and staff are all met.
- Monitoring costs against budget for individual clients.