Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Job Published:||over 3 years ago|
Our client is a well-established medium-sized West End firm of Chartered Accountants with 15 partners and a complement of about 60 staff, and is a member firm of the Geneva Group International network.
It has a broad range of clients with specialisms in FCA regulated entities, authors, barristers, media, property clients, not for profit and, increasingly, an international angle including offshore trusts.
A vacancy has arisen for a NQ or fairly recently qualified Senior within the firm's audit/accounts department.
About the role
You will work on a number of clients in different sectors, maintaining and developing the strong relationships which are key to the firm's growth.
The role is split approximately 60/40 between audit and non-audit assignments and you will report either to a manager or directly to a partner.
What they are looking for:
- You are confident with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- You have experience of working on a wide range of clients (some FCA experience would be beneficial).
- You are computer literate. A working knowledge of CCH and Proaudit would be an advantage.
- Experience or knowledge of the Mercia audit programme would also be helpful.
- You are willing and able to work under pressure and cope flexibly with demanding deadlines.
- You have developed good client liaison skills.
- You work well as part of a team.
- Your analytical skills and attention to detail and ability to think laterally mean you are capable of identifying potential problems and providing solutions.
- You are up to date with current auditing and accounting issues and conversant with relevant auditing and accounting standards, company law etc.
- You have good tax knowledge, in particular corporation tax.
- You show initiative, exercise judgement and take ownership of issues from start to finish.
- Career progression is important to you.
As a minimum you are a qualified accountant (either chartered or certified). Ideally you will be a first time passer, have a minimum 2.1 degree, three A levels and at least seven GCSEs, all with good grades.