£40,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
A highly successful, entrepreneurial banking group has a role working solely with the commercial lending business and its team of business development specialists as well as the internal lenders. The role will be varied and supports the business in its growth and development as well as providing meaningful analytics to its senior management team. There are possible role content expansion opportunities, internal opportunities and they also offer a work life balance.
Working with the MD of Property Development and close liaison with Business Development Managers and also Operations Manager of Property Development, the role has a strong commercial and proactive focus. You must not only be able to prepare financial information but understand and provide meaningful analysis. The Property Lending team is very busy and also collegiate in nature and you can get involved. The role includes:
- Analysis of the Division's financial accounts and budgets, and other performance metrics.
- Oversight of the daily and monthly review of cashflow forecasts and manage daily cash flow forecasts.
- Providing reporting and provision of operational control
- To prepare the monthly reconciliation of syndication and sub-participations.
- Manage outgoing payments.
- To ensure adequate reports and action against reported exceptions exist and provide required reporting, ensuring that reports are available as required.
- To be a centre of knowledge for the banking system and undertake testing of the banking system as required.
- Oversee the collection of interest including via direct debit.
- Provide monthly reconciliations to syndication and sub participation partners
- Act as Property Development liaison with the Group Finance Department and deal with any queries arising.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Accountant (Part qualified or qualified) who is numerate with strong analytical skills, management accounting and budgeting skills.
- Skills in data modelling, data mapping & analysis, advanced Excel, databases, etc.
- Financial services or real estate / property experience would be an advantage but is not essential. Other industry backgrounds will be considered.
- IT literate with good Word and advanced Excel skills.
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate with business management and other colleagues in group finance verbally and in writing.
SQL or VBA is advantageous but not necessary.
By applying to this job you are agreeing to our privacy notice which is freely available to view at: https://www.cameronkennedy.com/privacy