Business Analyst - Fund Operations
£48,000 - £52,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a highly diversified range of actively managed products. They support both individual investors and institutional investors alike, through a range of products such as equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives.
My clients business operates an outsourced operating model, in partnership with our Third Party Administrators (TPA). Fund Operations oversees the outsourced Transfer Agency and Fund Administration. The primary focus of the Operations team is the oversight and management of the TPAs as well as supporting internal clients for example the Distribution and Investment teams. Operations also support numerous projects and operational changes and maintain best practice in operational processes.
As the role holder you're primary focus will be business analysis and implementation of mainly Transfer Agency related projects related to Regulatory and Product Changes on the European and alternative funds. Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Perform business analysis and implementation of TA changes initiated by Fund Operations, Regulatory, Product, Clients, or the TA
- Managing the relationship and processes with TA's to ensure delivery of projects and change control
- Manage tasks in-house and at the TA for fund launches, closures and mergers across both UK, Luxembourg and Ireland fund ranges
- Represent TA team as part of working groups as subject matter expert
- Work with various departments including Technology to successfully implement TA changes
- Detail operating models and ensure requirements are understood and delivered with a good handover to BAU
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
- Build good relationships with TPA's and internal departments
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributions:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong background and experience in operations, TA and fund administration
- 4-5 years' experience working within a Business Analyst function - With an emphasis on 3rd party relationships.
- Experience of working with and delivering change via third parties in an outsource relationship
- Relevant industry qualifications e.g. IMC, IAQ
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to interpret project tasks and consider impact on the funds and the clients
- Strong interpersonal/relationship skills e.g. communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to listen and liaise with Operations, Technology, Distributions and Product teams
- Good time management/planning skills
- Knowledge of financial markets, financial markets function and the impact of economic figures and national/regional/global events on markets
- Understanding of issues relating to market abuse and anti-money laundering