Business Manager (7-12 month Contract)
£68000 + benefits and bonus
They are a specialist investment management firm that manages over £12 billion on behalf of private clients, institutions, family offices and intermediaries from the UK and overseas. With over 175 employees, they have a leading reputation in thematic investment and long-term income and dividend growth across multi-asset mandates.
Working closely with the COO Asset Management and also the Asset Management Committee to improve and maintain team effectiveness and allow analysts and fund managers to focus on investing.
- Research, development, implementation, maintenance and management of various systems and tools used by the Asset Management team;
- Management and optimisation of the overall research process; over-seeing record-keeping and monitoring analyst and FM activity;
- Manage external research process; price negotiation, research provider reviews, quality evaluation, budget management and keep abreast of regulatory changes;
- Management and production of the Quarterly Investment Briefing;
- Analysis & resolution of ad-hoc operational issues (Charles River order management system);
- Represent Asset Management at various operationally oriented committees as and when required (eg. Operations Committee, Product Committee, Crisis Management Committee);
- Provide guidance and oversee work produced by team assistants as well as providing admin support from time to time.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Investment or asset management experience or experience of dealing with business management of a sale side or buy side research or investment team
- Clear ownership of issues and projects and on-going tasks, clear focus on accurate and punctual completion of tasks.
- Confident in dealing with all levels of management, a multi-tasker, a good communicator, ability to work on own as well as in a team.
- Strong level of understanding of investment processes and ensuring smooth running of investment process.
- Proactive in looking for improvement opportunities and issues and resolving them.
- Credible with colleagues and external counter parties.
- Advanced knowledge & use of Microsoft applications, particularly Excel (macros would be useful) and SharePoint.
- IMC, CFA or other investment qualification is desirable.
- Contribution toward overall performance results in Asset Management.
- Professional and efficient problem solver.anager f
By applying to this job you are agreeing to our privacy notice which is freely available to view at: https://www.cameronkennedy.com/privacy