Major Audit & Business Services firm looking for a Business Risk Services Manager for their Business risk division. The Ideal candidate will have post-qualified experience within risk management, with experience of internal and external auditing with strong background in preparing and delivering presentations. Essential professional qualifications : ACA, CA, ACCA, IIA.
Purpose of role
To take ownership of allocated assignments in a way that exceeds client expectations while taking responsibility for managing and developing staff.
* ensures assignments are appropriately scheduled and resourced
* ensures terms of reference / audit planning documents are agreed by the client prior to review commencing
* agrees budgets for review with partner and/or client
* reviews existing work programme to ensure alignment to terms of reference
* ensures the effective allocation of resource for assignments, proactively maximises efficiencies and provides development opportunities to the team
* ensures effective team working with the methodologies, and that tasks are appropriately delegated with all information to support key decisions documented
* reviews all working papers and provides feedback and coaching to team members based on review of work carried out
* ensures scope of review is being met and that team are working to the companies methodologies
* keeps abreast of issues as they arise through liaison with the team
* manages a portfolio of existing client relationships
* builds and maintains good working relationships with all clients and colleagues
* develops audit committee papers for presentation to the partner and in accordance to client timetable
* attends audit committee meetings and leads client liaison meetings
* takes a proactive interest in the team's performance and well being and is seen as an approachable and respected member of the team who takes a proactive
* manages, motivates and coaches by inducting effectively, giving regular feedback and competing timely appraisals
* is actively involved in the recruitment of staff and inputs into assignment appraisals
* attends close-out meetings with the client and has a full understanding of issues discussed.
* sets expectations for production of draft report to team.
* ensures draft report is of a high standard prior to submission to partner or client. and review points from the partner and client comments are addressed prior to final deliverable
* ensures appropriate updates to the action tracker are processed
* ensures files are completed to the business methodology