|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£140000 - £150000 per annum + bonus + benefits|
|Job Published:||over 5 years ago|
Chief Risk Officer
£150,000 + bonus + benefits
Who they are
They are an expanding SME retail and commercial bank and part of an international banking group.
Based in the London Head Office and reporting to the CEO you will ensure that the Bank is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations with regards to risk. You will be responsible for managing the Banks internal and external risk within the appetite set by the Board, and report on the effectiveness of the risk management framework to management and the Board. Actively managing the Bank's risk team, you will be responsible for responsible for the monitoring and management of Credit, Market, Operational and Liquidity risk in accordance with the Bank's risk appetite. The role will also include developing, updating and implement the Bank's risk management framework including communication of the Board's risk appetite, in compliance with its legal, regulatory and contractual obligations. The role will ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, specifically CRR, CRD, BIPRU, GENPRU & SYSC, and preparing the Bank for future regulatory changes. Your responsibilities will naturally include the update of ICAAP, ILAA, CFP, RRP and other Board Risk Policies, as and when necessary. The role has wider aspects including:
- Responsible for the maintenance and analysis of the risk register, ensuring root cause analysis of risk incidents, and providing recommendations to management on risk mitigation actions.
- Quarterly reporting to the Board on appropriate risk appetite and policies
- Ensure stress testing of risk exposures to identify sensitivities and identification and articulation of reverse stress test scenarios.
- Review credit proposals to ensure they meet the Bank's risk acceptance criteria, are within the Board approved risk appetite, and do not expose the Bank to hidden risks.
- Establish, implement and maintain a comprehensive risk management framework to cover all internal and external risks.
- Establish, implement and maintain processes and procedures to ensure that emerging and crystallised risks are identified and reported and any lending risks are identified.
- Advise senior managers and non-executive directors on risks and risk management that may emerge from strategy or new business lines or new banking activities.
- Ensure all employees receive suitable, relevant risk training.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining an effective compliance culture within the Bank for combating money laundering, criminal financing and other forms of financial crime and ensure MLRO is immediately informed where knowledge or reasonable suspicion of any criminal conduct is obtained.
- Ensure that your reports are trained and comply with the Bank's Policy and Procedures regarding Money Laundering detection and reporting, and that any weaknesses identified in AML Procedures and Compliance are promptly addressed.
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this interesting opportunity you must meet the following criteria
- In depth knowledge of credit risk associated with bond, trade finance, syndicated loans, and retail banking products and business
- Comprehensive knowledge of practices and principles of the PRA & FCA, including risk management
- A good understanding of Basel III, BIPRU & GENPRU, ICAAP, ILAA, CFP and RRP
- Proven track record of working within a senior risk management role within a SME commercial and retail banking environment.
- Analytical skills including the ability to analyse processes and procedures to identify, mitigate risks or analyse a situation to assess the risks
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Chief Financial Officer
Location: Surrey Heath, Surrey
Salary: £150000 - £200000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Risk - Assistant Manager
Location: City of London, London
Salary: Up to £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Location: London, England
Salary: £105000 - £115000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Middle Office Contractor - London West End
Salary: £180 - £250 per day
Regulatory Project Manager
Location: London, England
Salary: £70000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits