Commercial Finance Analyst
£55000 + bonus + benefits
Hybrid role - 3 days in office per week
We are pleased to be partnering with a fast growing, well-funded and institutional backed high end transport equipment company operating throughout Europe and also in the USA. The business leases equipment to transport companies throughout the UK, Europe and in the USA thus ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the transport infrastructure. This is a new role, which has come about due to growth and the drive of further expanding the business in Europe. They have a strong collaborative, agile and commercial culture.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Have strong financial modelling skills, be able to run and amend models as required with
confidence as well as ability to build models
* Minimum qualification to degree level with 2-3 years' experience of financial modelling.
(Professional qualifications such as ACA, ICAS, CIMA, ACT or ACCA desirable but not essential).
* Have an accounting/investment background, be well versed in concepts such as NPV, IRR
and be able to read and interpret financial statements
* Commercial acumen
* Add commercial value to the process of pricing, by helping to find solutions to problems
arising in the course of lease/ MSA negotiation as required
* Identifying areas of risk for a project, and liaising with relevant internal parties (i.e. Legal,
Technical, Commercial, Finance) to find mitigation measures to be able to obtain board
* Be collaborative- able to establish a strong relationship with internal (other departments) and
external (shareholders, consultants) stakeholders
* Be agile - able to respond quickly to pricing requests and turn out results in a quick and
* Enthusiasm - Demonstrate an interest in the infrastructure industry and be willing to learn
about the company, its assets and projects.
* Organisation - follow the timetables for Investment Committee and meet the deadlines set
* Problem solving- find ways to optimise returns and/or meet a market price based on an
understanding of how the business is financed and how the pricing assumptions can be
flexed, always with the company's target investment yields in mind.
* Flexible attitude to ad-hoc/ last minute requests
Reporting to the Pricing Manager, the position will provide key support to the company's Corporate Finance function, assisting with the delivery of key reporting requirements and project investment appraisal. You will be responsible for delivering pricing and (as allocated) investment committee papers and assisting the Pricing Manager with the annual Company customer credit review, quarterly investment tracking, annual fleet valuation and managing the regular update of the maintenance forecast. Your responsibilities include the following:
* Running the pricing model for new acquisitions and re-leasing of existing portfolio for the Commercial team and Senior Leadership Team (SLT). Will need to be able to tailor models as required. You will be responsible for the integrity of the outputs.
* Preparing investment papers (Heads up and Transaction Approval) to support the underwriting of new investments
* Running scenario analysis, conducting variance analysis and reporting results for investment underwriting memorandums to be approved by the Senior Leadership Team and the shareholder
* Assisting the Pricing Manager with:
* Pricing new investment targets as part of the Company's Budget and Strategic Plan
* Researching information as part of the Company's annual credit review of customer
* There are important deadlines to be met in terms of KPIs such as responding to all pricing/scenario queries within a week of submission on the Corporate CRM or via email.