£40000 - £55000
Successful and expanding real estate development group.
Reporting to CFO and supported by one finance assistant who is responsible for payments and inputting, you will take responsibility for the accounting department.
In short, the responsibilities are as follows:
- To take accountability for the day-to financial accounting function
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including P&L & Balance Sheets as well as a small consolidation
- Year-end/ Annual Financial Statement
- Management of audit process
- Cash flow forecasts
- Full payroll including dealing with the PAYE
- Quarterly Reporting package to principals & partners (where applicable)
- VAT (monthly & quarterly where applicable)
- Oversight of finance assistant and ensuring the accuracy of their work.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experienced accountant (qualified,non qualified or part qualified) used to working in a hands on role in a small finance function
- Highly competent and experienced in management /financial accounting and the duties associated in a company accounting role
- High degree of competency, can hit the ground running, is accurate with their work and importantly is a good communicator.
- Experience using Sage and Excel literate.
Real estate experience is an advantage but not a pre-requisite.