My client is a leading global financial services provider with over 30,000 employees worldwide based in Canary Wharf. They are rapidly growing their assets under management to become one of the biggest and well known brands! Currently, they are seeking a bright and motivated individual to join their team as a Company Secretary.
Succesfull candidate will perform the Corporate Secretary role reporting directly to the Head of UK Office Controls, Culture and Governance. The role will be provided with support from other team members who currently assist in carrying out the Corporate Secretarial function. Secretary will liaise with the Legal and Finance Departments, directors of legal entities and committee chairpersons in carrying out the role. Initially a 6 month contract role with possibility of becoming long-term.
- Performs the Company Secretary role for the organisations entities.
- Monitors that the companies in the UK Group comply with their Articles of Incorporation and the Companies Act 2006.
- Coordinates the operation of board of directors meetings - formulates meeting agendas with the chairperson and/or chief executive; attends and minutes meetings; maintains minute books; certifies copies of minutes, and ensures correct procedures are followed.
- Coordinates members meetings - including the administration and taking minutes at meetings, and ensuring correct procedures are followed.
- Coordinates UK Group-wide committee meetings - attends and minutes meetings, and ensures correct procedures are followed.
- Maintains statutory registers of companies (i.e. the members, company charges, directors, secretaries, and debenture holders registers).
- Prepares and files statutory returns with the Registrar of Companies to report certain changes regarding the companies or to comply with requirements for periodic filing.
- Coordinates the publication and distribution of the companies annual reports and accounts and interim statements in consultation with the companies internal / external advisors and, in particular, preparation of the director's report.
- Acts as a channel of communication and information for non-executive directors including coordinating the on boarding process for newly appointed non-executive directors.
- Ad hoc tasks as assigned by the various boards of directors of the companies in the UK Group and/or any UK Group-wide committees (such as the UK Oversight Committee).
- In all of the above consulting as appropriate with the entity and committee chairs, the Legal department and Finance officers.
- Company Secretarial Experience - 2+ years
- Financial Services/Banking background preferable.
- Degree Level - ICSA qualified.
- Pro-Active self starter.
- Independent, yet collaborative - ability to work well with others.
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organisation.
- Dedicated to the secretarial career path.