|Location:||City of London, London|
Compliance & Legal
|Salary:||£85000 - £95000 per annum + Benefits|
|Job Published:||over 4 years ago|
The role is varied in its composition in that the successful candidate with be expected to take ownership and oversight of the following areas:
- Regulatory matters - current understanding of FCA rules (COBS, ICOBS), ICAEW (DPB Investment Business) and AML regulations
- Advisory - provision of accurate and timely relevent compliance advice and guidance to the business as required by FCA and ICAEW rules
- AML - Advice to the business in respect of the firm's AML requirements. Maintenance of the firm's AML manual and all associated documents. Provision of AML training to the business as required. Monitoring of AML query log and preparing of the draft SAR for review by the MLRO.
- Monitoring - Contribute to the development of the risk based Compliance Monitoring Plan. Review and approve all monitoring reports prepared by the team and the associated remedial actions. Ensuring that any breaches/incident reports arising from any monitoring activity are compiled, investigated and with the appropriate remedial action put in place. Compile the appropriate MI arising from all monitoring activity with supporting documentation and audit trail.
- Financial Promotions - Review and approve marketing material, including FCA Financial Promotions. maintain up to date knowledge of the rules, regulations and guidance provided by the FCA and the ICAEW. Ensure that the appropriate records are maintained in respect of approvals made.
- Ad Hoc - Assist the Compliance Director in drafting monthly compliance reports. Maintain the firm's compliance manuals. Carry out CPD as agreed with teh Compliance Director
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate leadership, judgement and commercial awareness. They should also have well develped planning and influencing skills; together with well developed stakeholder management experience.
In addition to the above the ideal candidate would possess a degree and appropriate industry qualifications, have demonstable experience in staff management and compliance monitoring in the areas of pensions, life assuarenceand retail investments.
In exchange for the above the successful candidate will be joining a leading organisation with the opportunity to progress into a senior compliance position in due course.
Sorry, this job is no longer available