Compliance Monitoring Analyst
40000-45000 + Bonus + Benefits
A Global banking group based in the West End are currently searching for a Compliance Monitoring Analyst to join their team. Reporting into the Head of Compliance Monitoring, you will be supporting, shaping and influencing the business by means of ensuring policies and procedures are appropriate, and ensuring the business minimises its exposure to conduct and wider regulatory risks.
You will be responsible for timely and flawless delivery of management information related to the assessment and testing of the control environment within the UK business, performance of monitoring reviews and in future, delivery of subject matter expertise on a range of regulatory compliance topics.
Role & responsibilities:
- Maintain a quality process for second line of defence compliance assurance supporting delivery of the annual compliance monitoring plan.
- Assist in the delivery of well written, accurate and helpful reviews on or ahead of deadline.
- Lead in collating relevant action plan updates from stakeholders to create and deliver succinct and informative management information (MI) to senior management and committees.
- Identify ongoing opportunities to optimise reporting processes and drive continuous improvement across the function in collaboration with stakeholders.
- As part of thematic reviews and projects, identify, monitor, analyse and assess issues, complaints and incidents.
- Remain up to date with regulatory developments and assess impact on the business.
- Review breaches registers, incident reports, complaint logs, and other appropriate records ahead of any monitoring to ensure trends are identified and covered in monitoring reviews.
- Review the compliance manual, other manuals and internal policies to ensure, where relevant to activities monitored, these are up to date and fit for purpose and feedback any suggested improvements to the Head of Compliance Monitoring.
- Undertake ad-hoc project work as advised by the Head of Compliance Monitoring.
- Assist the business in preparing for FCA, PRA and other external visits.
- To assist with any other tasks as might reasonably be requested by the Head of Compliance.
Additionally you will:
- Keep your knowledge up-to-date regarding market and regulatory developments, as appropriate to your role
- Treat customers fairly and act in their best interest offering a transparent, efficient and professional service.
- Familiarise yourself with the Conduct Rules Policy and Standard as well as undertake annual training on Conduct Rules (Tier 1).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Up to date knowledge and experience of UK financial services regulatory requirements.
- Experience in delivering reports of audit/QA standard.
- Experience working within Compliance or Internal Audit (essential) within the financial services industry (desirable)
- Outstanding grammar, spelling and report writing for board level audience.
- An understanding of UK and European financial services regulation.
- Knowledge and experience of banking, credit and investment products.
- Expert user of MS Excel (essential - particularly graphs and pivot tables); Globus, CRIMS, Portfolio, LiquidMetrix, Bloomberg user knowledge is advantageous.
- A relevant 2:1 academics and preferably a Masters in Risk or advanced compliance qualification.
- A background working in banking compliance within a similar position.