The successful candidate with be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Conduct monitoring reviews in accordance with the internal risk-based monitoring programme derived from emerging risks and the applicable FCA rules and regulations;
- Highlight findings to the Head of Compliance in a timely manner and, in conjunction with the business to identify and report on the appropriate remedial action.
- Ensure that any issues requiring follow-up are dealt with promptly in liaison with the relevant staff within the business and any such issues are closed out satisfactorily;
- Monitor the implementation status of any corrective action and where issues are not implemented in line with agreed timelines escalate to the Head of Compliance;
- Assist in enhancing current compliance monitoring (MI) both as a management tool and as a mechanism to identify potential changes in the risks the company faces (with amendments to the compliance monitoring programme where applicable);
- Ensure all compliance principles, policies and procedures are clearly defined and regulatory developments are proactively appraised and communicated;
- Undertake Client Due diligence and AML checks on new clients before on-boarding clients;
- Monitor AML regulatory initiatives and ensure that AML policies and procedures comply with applicable current legislation and with group policies;
- Perform general compliance tasks as well as involvement in ad hoc compliance projects;
- Draft and update processes and procedures as required;
To be considered for the above position the ideal candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- Strong experience or understanding of the asset management industry;
- Proven prior experience working within Compliance Monitoring and AML roles;
- Good knowledge of FCA rules or equivalent as applicable to a UK asset management environments and excellent knowledge of financial promotions and funds distribution elements
- Good understanding of structure and requirements relating to European domiciled UCITS Funds and / or alternative funds, and practical experience of at least one of UK, Luxembourg, or Dublin domiciled Funds;
- Strong background in anti-money laundering compliance across a asset management industry;
- A strong knowledge of corporate governance practice.
In exchange for the above my client offers a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to join a market leading organisation at an exciting time of their growth.