Following significant growth, our client a renowned provider of Fund and Corporate Services are looking to recruit a Compliance Officer for their Guernsey office.
This role is an ideal opportunity for the right individual to play an important management and oversight role in the local development of successful and expanding global firm.
- Be appointed a Money Laundering Reporting Officer for both the clients entity licensees as required;
- Reporting to and attending client entity licensee board meetings;
- Ensure the company and client entities are compliant with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements;
- Maintain compliance manuals and document all compliance related processes and procedures;
- Maintain compliance plans, procedures, systems and practices and ensure that these are followed by our operational team;
- Undertake regulatory compliance and operational compliance monitoring programme for both the company and client entity licensees;
- Review and sign off of KYC files for new clients and existing clients on a risk rated review basis and identification of main issues and follow up missing information in line with group processes and procedures;
- Identify the main risks in relation with the monitoring of existing clients ;
- Maintaining all registers such as conflicts of interest, reportable events, breaches, complaints from clients, etc
- Work with the Global Client Acceptance Committee and Group Risk Function
- Follow up of audit recommendations both internal and external;
- Maintain AML / Compliance Business Risk Assessments, Risk Register and preparation and reporting of KRIs;
- Maintain local Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans;
- Training of new joiners and advanced training such as new regulations, AML etc;
- Be responsible for all Data Protection requirements;
- You will report directly to the head of risk and compliance located in Luxembourg and local boards of Directors as appropriate..
Requirements & experience:
- You will be educated to degree level;
- You will hold an appropriate qualification in compliance or AML/CFT/fraud prevention;
- You have significant experience in compliance, preferably in the funds sector of Guernsey's financial services industry;
- You have very good knowledge of Microsoft office 2007 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- You are familiar with screening tools of clients (Word-check or other similar tools);
- You are fluent in English; any other language will be considered an advantage;
WE REGRET THAT DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDTES WILL BE CONTACTED.