Corporate Banking Manager
£70,000 - £75,000+ 15% Pension + bonus + bank benefits
They are the growing London operation of an international banking group who have just announced excellent half year results. They are also undergoing a change the bank process and upgrading all their risk, compliance, operations, and regulatory areas and processes. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial, retail and private banking as well as institutional and some sovereign lending.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered for this excellent new role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Seasoned credit analyst (at least 5 years credit experience) with strong experience in range of industry sectors
- Strong academics including a good class of degree
- High level of credit skills and experience in ideally both the corporate and banks/FI areas. Some experience of analysing structured or more complex transactions.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills and ability to work independently are required.
- Skilled in financial modelling.
- Good working knowledge of banking and securities market products.
- Ability to examine and evaluate cross border risk.
- Good awareness of market developments (including financial markets, industry sectors, macro political and economic issues
- Highly efficient, team player, with good attention to detail, accuracy and eye for market research and following industry trends pertaining to bank's portfolio.
- High standard performer that enjoys working in a dynamic and small team.
- Ability to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines and to withstand occasionally high pressure demands. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours when necessary to support the team.
- Accuracy and high level of numeracy in relation to financial analysis. Highly skilled at spreadsheets; ideally with some financial modelling experience.
- A highly motivated starter (with drive to develop business) and keen team player
You will proactively supports the Head of Corporate Banking and the Head of Financial Institutions and Trade Finance to develop and manage on a day to day basis both potential new customer targets and existing customers to meet assigned financial and non-financial targets, in compliance with policies and procedures, regulations and prevailing best practices.
- Providing timely, accurate and rigorous written analysis of Corporate, Financial Institutions and Trade Finance applications in support of new transactions and annual reviews. Managing the administrative aspects, documentation and regulatory/accounting issues pertaining to the sourcing, execution and ongoing monitoring of relationships and transactions, including managing the related requirements of the credit approval process and KYC.
- Have the ability individually to originate loan and guarantee transactions for Corporate Banking
- Prepare credit applications and reviews for new/prospective customers and existing customer facilities (annual reviews) that adequately address relevant risk factors in the industry, market and business.
- Deal with and resolve customer problems and requirements, in coordination with appropriate in house and external support functions, to ensure timely, friendly and accurate delivery of the bank's products and services.
- Support the Head of Corporate Banking and the Head of Financial Institutions and Trade Finance in negotiating and documenting facilities for clients
- Assisting with the management of watchlist and impaired credits
- Supervise and provide mentoring to junior member of the team
- Be prepared to get involved in numerous middle office functions of the team and ongoing multi-disciplinary projects.
- As a client facing department, Corporate Banking contains the first line of defence to prevent the bank being used to facilitate money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions breaking (collectively known as "Financial Crime").
For full information or a confidential discussion please contact Sheldon Paule in confidence on 02073370011 or email him at email@example.com