Corporate Finance Associate - Industrials
£60,000 - £70,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a leading integrated investment banking and corporate advisory firm with a strong client base. They are responsible for IPOs, fund raising and advising corporate clients across a wide range of sectors. The firm is growing rapidly and specifically its Industrial and Support Services team.
Joining a collegiate and established team who cover a wide range of services to clients including corporate broking, corporate finance and M&A advisory services. You will have direct client facing responsibilities and will be directly involved in supporting activities to win new clients and marketing generally. You will work closely with corporate clients, other advisers and senior members of the firm such that they will have significant opportunity to develop their career very rapidly. You will receive constant exposure to the UK equity capital markets including corporate clients, other advisers and, where appropriate, institutional investors. The role is responsible for the following:
- Day-to-day client relationship across a growing portfolio of Industrial and Support Services companies; and
- The execution phases of equity capital market and M&A transactions together with supporting the negotiation phase of such transactions.
The department provides a full range of corporate broking and advisory services and the role will involve a range of activities including:
- Advising corporate clients on the impact of The AIM Rules, The Listing Rules and the Takeover Code.
- Liaising with the relevant regulatory bodies on the behalf of corporate clients.
- Day-to-day liaison with corporate clients regarding stock market trends and developments.
- Drafting relevant corporate finance and related transactional documentation.
- Preparing complex financial and valuation models for potential corporate client opportunities.
- Project management and execution of transactions including IPO's, secondary fundraisings and M&A.
- Preparation of marketing presentations to new potential corporate clients and other related activities.
- Supporting other members of the team as necessary with analysis, research and due diligence.
- Overseeing analysts as necessary.
Who They Are Looking For
The ideal person will be currently working in corporate broking/ finance (mid-market investment bank/ corporate broker/ capital markets boutique), having worked in this environment for at least 6 years (4-5 years if previously trained as a chartered accountant). You will be able to demonstrate strong communication/ team working skills, have strong project management, modelling and analytical skills and be able to work autonomously. You will need to demonstrate that you have, had experience at some stage, of being actively involved in every stage of an equity capital and M&A transaction for UK listed companies.