Credit Analyst - Risk & Portfolio
£50,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
Who they are
They are a highly successful, entrepreneurial growing specialist bank who are a dedicated business providing specialised lending to businesses and individuals. Their business offering includes asset finance, bridging finance, commercial property finance, development finance, specialised business loans and lending for technology.
This is a new role reporting to the Portfolio Credit Manager. The role is wide ranging and covers a wide range of areas including analysis, project work, MI work, credit management, model development, credit risk monitoring and asset recovery. The role assists with the early identification of credit risks as they materialise and assists in the Bank maintaining an appropriate credit administration, measurement and monitoring processes. The role has a direct commercial impact as it assists in protecting and enhancing the bank's profits by controlling credit risks and efficiently managing all the credit portfolios within the bank's financial and corporate objectives. You will also be responsible for helping to improve the performance of impaired assets so as to optimise write backs of provisions and avoid new provisions in the lending book. Responsibilities include assisting the Head of Credit and the Credit Managers in:-
- Developing and improving credit risk rating models as well as reviewing Credit Risk Rating models to ensure they are performing effectively
- Identifying and report on trends appearing in credit risk
- Establishing a methodology of ascertaining approximate default and loss rates using the Bank's internal data or through sourcing equivalent external data
- Creating reports to identify movements in credit risk
- Analysing MI and reporting upon trends appearing in credit risk
- Providing initial input and opinion on individual credit propositions in order to structure the deal to mitigate risk, ensure adequate reward and avoid time being wasted on inappropriate proposals;
- Assisting in the sanctioning, drawdown and in-life monitoring responsibilities within the
- Credit Department
- Assisting in the renewal/extension of loans.
- Assisting with the management of the recovery of any impaired assets and provide input to Senior Management to assist in determining recovery strategy and actions to be taken
- Maintaining accurate information on databases and the preparation of reports to senior management when needed.
Who They Are Looking For
In order to be considered for suitable for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Educated to degree level and excellent numeracy skills.
- A good level of experience in the financial services sector which must include exposure to credit portfolio analysis and modelling.
- Proficient with both Microsoft Word and Excel programmes.
- Good written/report writing skills and business analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate accurately, both verbally and in writing
- Able to work to tight deadlines whilst paying attention to detail.
- A team player able to work with limited supervision