Accountancy and Finance
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Credit Controller (12 month contract)
£35,000 -£40,000 + Bonus + Benefits
One of Europe' leading independent investment groups has a new role within their small finance team based in London This is an excellent role within a collegiate, friendly and professional team within finance which also reflects the culture of the business as a whole. This is a new role which could become permanent. At any rate it will be for a minimum of 12 months. The contacts are internal and external cliients and will require some diplomacy and tact to ensure the relationship managers and the clients are not alienatated by credit control. You will also have processes to put in.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Significant experience in a credit control or similar role preferred;
- Highly numerate and advanced Excel skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including Fluent English;
- Possess tact and diplomacy in order to ensure collections from clients without losing them as a client;
- Proven experience of implementing processes and procedures for successful debt collection;
- Experience within a Professional Services, Family Office, or Financial Services environment would be advantageous but is not essential;
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple stakeholders;
- Pro-active, with a high level of drive, energy and positivity;
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Confidence to interact in a professional manner with colleagues at all levels of seniority;
- Tenacity and persistence to follow through on tasks;
- Strong desire to challenge and improve existing.
The primary objective of this role is to work closely with the firm's Client Relationship Managers (RMs) to improve the process for the collection of client debtors so as to collect debts more quickly, improve cash flow, and reduce the number and quantum of bad debts. You will also be liaising with the Relationship Manager's clients for collections. This will require tact, diplomacy and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will be responsible for producing clear MI to help RMs and department heads manage and prioritise the debtor positions within their client books. The role will initially be for a 12 month fixed term contract with the potential to become a permanent role.
- The role will be a direct report of the Group Finance Director. The role will require building good relationships with Relationship Managers and Department Heads across each jurisdiction in which the firm operates, as well as the Heads of Finance colleagues within the Finance team based in each of jurisdiction. It is not an external client facing The responsibilities include:
- Introduce greater structure and organisation to the firm's debtor collection processes and procedures;
- Develop a thorough understanding of the firm's client segments, billing cycle and processes, key systems, and data sources in relation to revenues, debtors, credit notes, and bad debt provisioning;
- Provide weekly MI to Relationship Managers showing their client debtor positions, and meet with them regularly to monitor the progress of collections;
- Ensure sufficient focus is placed on aged debtors (those 3 months or older), documenting specific action plans for larger or more difficult debts with regular follow up, and in particular prioritizing debts that are within 3 months of reaching the date in which a bad debt will be recognized under the group's accounting policy;
- Work with Central Finance team to confirm that wherever possible automated settlement of debtors has been enabled and liaise with RMs to and challenge and resolve obstacles where it has not;
- Produce clear, timely MI for delivery to department and division heads and to the Finance Director including aggregate aged debtor position and average debtor days by RM and office and change in position over the period;
- Prepare monthly analysis of bad debts provision during the period including assessment of likely opportunities for recoveries and recommendations for write-offs;
- Provide a pro-active, responsive level of service to all internal clients, including the Finance Director, RMs, department and division heads, and local Heads of Finance.
Sorry, this job is no longer available