|Location:||Greater London, England|
|Salary:||£25000 - £28000 per annum + Bonus and Bens|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Custody Team Supervisor
£25,000 - £28,000 + Bonus + Bens
West Kent/Greater London
My client are a leading global provider of financial administration solutions. They are of Europe's leading asset servicing platforms, interacting with almost 6 million investors, administering and safeguarding £600 billion in assets across a number of highly regulated markets.
To provide the oversight and direction required on a day-to-day basis to ensure that the Custody Team provides service excellence to those Clients who have outsourced responsibility for administration of Corporate Sponsored Nominees, Corporate Custody Nominees and Crest Sponsored Membership CREST accounts.
This role will have responsibility for all of the technical processes and need to conform to all of the regulatory obligations including but not limited to the CASS rules applicable to the functions.
This is an FCA regulated role and the individual is governed by an in house Training and Competence regime.
- The Supervisor is accountable to the Operations Manager of the Custody Team with respect to achievement of both their personal goals and the objectives of the team. Additionally the Supervisor will be required to oversee the work and performance of some of the Administrators working within their team.
- Execute transfers of the plans administered, adhering to;
- department procedures
- the Client's and Participants requirements
- the Trustee/Scheme Rules
- HMRC guidelines
- FCA guidelines
- Risk Policy
- Other Regulatory requirements/bodies as appropriate
- Understand and apply CASS understanding to the day-to-day processing of work
- Ensure remedial work is carried out immediately, where an issue involves client money, to stop or resolve a CASS breach in a timely manner. Escalate to line manager as appropriate.
- Professionally dealing with telephone/written/e-mailed enquiries, requests and complaints from Participants and Clients (typically the personnel/company secretariat functions)
- Adherence to internal procedures relating to complaints, including the completion of Complaint Action Forms and Incident Reports where necessary
- Accurate production and distribution of monthly and ad-hoc reports to Clients
- Work with the SIP transfer team with respect to clearance of stock differences, aged < 8 weeks, highlighted by the monthly stock reconciliations
- Clear cash differences highlighted by the regular bank account reconciliations, target nil exceptions > 21 days
- Respond to calls referred by the CSC within the SLA of 48 hours
- Assisting the management of the team, through regular 121's, coaching and development plans and performance management where required.
- Checking and authorising the documentation and work produced by Administrators on the team, providing guidance and direction as required.
- Ensuring the team is organised and resourced to achieve the Settlement day minus 1 deadline for providing sales batches to the Payments and Audit team.
- Execute market sales and purchases, updating the required systems and providing documentation to the Payments & Audit team on Settlement day
- Adherence to and completion of the relevant workflow checklists
- Handle transfer requests, ensuring settlement within 8 weeks of the original request being received.
- Provide coaching and direction to the team ensuring that the appropriate development needs and training goals are identified and addressed.
- Provide Performance Plans, including goals and objectives, to the team and thereafter conduct interim and full year reviews.
- Communicating organisational and procedural changes to the team.
- IOC Qualified
- Demonstrable understanding of regulatory requirements with financial services.
- Solid understanding of Operational Risk.
- Demonstrable CREST system knowledge.
- Previous supervisory experience.
Sorry, this job is no longer available