|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£200 - £300 per day|
|Job Published:||about 3 years ago|
Derivatives Trade Support SME
£200 - £300 (per day)
City of London
6 Month Contract
Are you a derivatives trade support subject matter expert with a minimum of 4 years proven experience at SME level?
Are you immediately available or available on short notice (2 weeks maximum)?
Do you have experience from front to back office on either the sell side or the buy side?
My client, are a FSTE 100 Company, and are one of Europe's largest institutional asset managers and a major global investor. They provide their clients with services and solutions that meet their specific needs, and they offer strategies across the full spectrum of asset classes including equities, bonds, property, alternatives and cash. They also offer multi-asset strategies tailored to the needs of institutional investors and retail investors.
As a Derivatives Trade Support SME, you'll be reporting directly to the Supervisor and Manager of Derivatives trade support. You'll be tasked with proactively contributing to the support and delivery of a comprehensive customer-focused service in support of derivative post-trading. You'll deliver high quality solutions, defining and implementing technical excellence innovation and application. You'll enhance the control framework and manage change projects.
Key Accountabilities (Limited to but not including):
- To proactively support the post trade execution of OTC/ETD instruments, including confirmation, settlement and cash movements, investigation and resolution of any resultant trade issues or transaction entry into portfolio administration systems.
- Liaise with executing brokers, clearing brokers, custodians, middleware vendors, fund managers on a daily basis to ensure the effective administration of derivative transactions, maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Initiate and manage change projects to enhance the control framework for all trade processing tasks in the team, mitigate risks and close internal/external audit points.
- Have an end to end understanding of team's tasks and how they relate and impact to all processes; ensuring improved ways of working are constantly identified. Proactively and continuously examine and evaluate departmental processes and procedures to ensure best practice is followed. Resolving complex problems/issues, advising staff involved in resolving them.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor/manager fostering credibility and influence towards developing a reputation of operational excellence across the firm, share best practices with peers, creating an awareness of issues throughout the department.
- Challenge the status quo and question existing process, workflow and operating models to reveal their underlying purpose. realign the current to future state and implement new only when necessary.
Please note this is only a snapshot of the role, a more detailed job description will be released to the candidates best suited to the role.
- 4 years minimum proven experience within a derivatives trade processing function, at an SME level.
- Robust technical knowledge and experience in Derivative Trade support workflows and process, who understands the front to back lifecycle and derivative trade processing.
- Proven experience of defining end to end process maps for middle office and operations.
- Strong process controls awareness.
- Excellent organisation, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously or collaboratively, with the ability to be highly organised and set priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to successfully articulate issues clearly and robustly, and can communicate across all levels.
- Strong MS Excel, MS Access and VBA Skills highly desirable.
Please note that due to high response rates, only those candidates who meet my clients strict recruitment criteria will be contacted.