Enterprise Wide Risk Manager
£100,000 - £115,000 + Excellent benefits + Bonus
Cameron Kennedy is delighted to be partnering with a well-known and strongly established banking group who are going through a period of rapid change within their risk management areas. Apart from a good working, collaborative environment you will also play a key part in shaping the operational risk processes and profile of the bank.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
- Experience in enterprise risk management within a financial services environment.
- Experience in producing risk reports.
- Experience/understanding of ICAAP/ILAAP/RRP.
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written - with an ability to operate at multiple venues including senior management committees
- Strong team player
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to be flexible/adaptable
- Ability to problem solve , Self-starter and proactive , Ability to take ownership of tasks/projects and drive them through to completion, ability to shape projects and to work with minimal supervision.
- Intellectual curiosity
- Familiar with the supervisory environment (FCA/PRA) and pro-active in ensuring organisational compliance with regulatory principles and directives e.g. TCF.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
This is a second line of defence role. Working for the Deputy Head of Risk, the Enterprise Risk Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing the Enterprise wide Risk Management Framework.
- Producing the bank's Enterprise-wide Risk Reporting.
- Inputting into the bank's ICAAP/ILAAP/RRP.
- Promoting the three lines of defence model and a culture of ownership and accountability for risk across the Bank.
- Complete such ongoing training and competence requirements as required by the FCA/PRA and the bank from time to time.Risk Management Framework
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
Support the Deputy Head of Risk to shape and implement enhancements to the bank's Enterprise-wide Risk Management Framework.
- Support the refresh of the bank's Risk Management Framework document.
- Support improvements to the bank's Risk Appetite Statement, including to the Key Risk Indicators.
- Support the development of a Policy Governance Framework. Support enhancements to key Risk policies.
- Working with the Operational Risk team, develop a training plan to enhance the knowledge and understanding of Risk Management across the bank. Lead training sessions as required.
Emerging Risk Process
- Work with the Operational Risk team to enhance the bank's Emerging Risk management process.
- Working with the Operational Risk team, co-ordinate the production of the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee Risk Reports. Lead the analysis of trends in the risk data.
- Support and/or lead the production of ad-hoc risk reporting to support other Committee meetings, as required.
- Recommend and implement improvements to the bank's risk reports, as appropriate.
- Working with the Deputy Head of Risk, provide input to the bank's ICAAP and ILAAP.
- Co-ordinate and hold the pen on the bank's Recovery and Resolution Plan. Ensure that input is provided from the relevant areas of the bank.
- Identify areas for improvement.
- Act as alternate to colleagues as required.
- Provide support on ad-hoc tasks as required
- Ensure good relationship with others (external and internal) including risk owners at all levels, other control functions (Compliance and Internal Audit), external auditors, supportive role in Regulatory engagements as appropriate