European Financial Accountant
£50,000 + Bonus + Benefits
A global financial services group whose business encompasses investment banking, investment and wealth management has an opportunity for a qualified accountant to work in a hands on role within their European Head office based in London. Previous Financial Services industry experience is not essential. Excellent career progression is offered within this expanding organisation.
Reporting to the European Financial Controller, you will be part of a small finance team and your role will be to support the team in the production of all financial accounts for all business entities. The role is varied and involves both management and group accounting activities. Good interpersonal skills are essential in order to develop good working relationships with different business areas. Working both accurately and to tight deadlines the role includes the following:
- Assisting with production of consolidated financial statements.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for subsidiaries.
- Ensure that the GL is recorded correctly and maintenance of fixed asset register.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations and liaison with Group for intercompany reconciliation and settlements.
- Prepare and post accurately all month-end accruals, prepayments and journals.
- Coordinate German, Swiss and Australian payrolls and liaison with German finance function.
- Investigate and resolve all variances and issues, perform bank reconciliations
- Production of quarterly VAT returns and preparation of information for tax returns and also information for expatriate tax reporting compliance. Also ensure all tax filings are made within deadline.
- Liaise with auditors and professional advisors.
- Signatory for approving payments and ensure invoicing is correct and timely.
- If required improve the quality and efficiency of financial systems and processes
- Produce ad hoc analysis and participate in ad hoc projects
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Fully qualified ACA or ACCA or similar.
- Possess IFRS knowledge and a strong technical accountancy skill set.
- Strong Excel skills including good knowledge of pivot tables.
- Strong organisational skills, and exceptional attention to detail and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and strong initiative.
- Excellent analytical skills.