|Location:||City of London, London|
Accountancy and Finance
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||about 2 years ago|
to £35000 + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
They are a global brokerage offering their clients access to a wide range of financial products and instruments trading across the globe. In certain products they are ranked amongst the world leaders in terms of trading volumes.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the role sits within the Accounts Department. The Expense Accountant, as part of the Accounts team, will record the payable invoices into the company's ledgers and prepare them for payment. The company has recently put in a new and updated ledger system. The successful candidate will be expected to help with the processes and also liaise with the systems provider to ensure all areas of the payables area is working properly. Key responsibilities will be:
- Record payable invoices into the accounting system.
- Record the VAT on the payable invoices in line with the company's Partial Exemption Special Method.
- Allocation of the expense to the correct accounting period through the postings of accruals and prepayments.
- Report to Head of Finance and Heads of Revenue desks on period variances to budget as part of the month end cycle.
- Prepare batch file for weekly payment run for expense invoices.
- Prepare and report payment statistics.
- Ensure the Accounts Payable ledger is accurate, fully allocated and any old or outstanding items are reported to the Head of Finance.
- To prepare the forecasted expenses as part of the budget process.
- Maintain the Fixed Assets ledger and record the depreciation.
- Assist in the processing of company expenses and petty cash.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Educated to A Level standard (Part qualified Accountant would be an advantage but not necessary);
- Previous experience of posting of journals into the accounting system and creation of accruals and prepayments.
- Previous experience within financial services;
- Strong Excel skills required. Knowledge of Sun accounting system an advantage;
- Able to work with a high level of accuracy, to tight deadlines and with minimal supervision;
- Excellent team player, assisting other staff members when necessary to get the departments work finished;
- Strong work ethic to complete tasks on their own;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Location: London, England
Salary: £22000 - £24000 per annum + plus Benefits, bonus and exam costs
Location: London, England
Salary: £105000 - £115000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Business Finance Manager
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £70000 - £76000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits