£35000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a global brokerage offering their clients access to a wide range of financial products and instruments trading across the globe. In certain products they are ranked amongst the world leaders in terms of trading volumes. They have a newly created role for a hands on accountant who is looking for a new challenge in a fast moving and dynamic trading environment.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Expense Accountant, as part of the Accounts team, will record the payable invoices into the company's ledgers and prepare them for payment.
key responsibilities include:
- Record payable invoices into the accounting system.
- Record the VAT on the payable invoices in line with the company's Partial Exemption Special Method.
- Allocation of the expense to the correct accounting period through the postings of accruals and prepayments.
- Report to Head of Finance and Heads of Revenue desks on period variances to budget as part of the month end cycle.
- Prepare batch file for weekly payment run for expense invoices.
- Prepare and report payment statistics.
- Ensure the Accounts Payable ledger is accurate, fully allocated and any old or outstanding items are reported to the Head of Finance.
- To prepare the forecasted expenses as part of the budget process.
- Maintain the Fixed Assets ledger and record the depreciation.
- Assist in the processing of company expenses and petty cash.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Previous experience of posting of journals into the accounting system and creation of accruals and prepayments.
- Able to work with a high level of accuracy, to tight deadlines and with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic to complete tasks on their own.
- Educated to A level standard and Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent team player, assisting other staff members when necessary to get the departments work finished.
- Knowledge of Sun accounting system an advantage.
- Previous experience within financial services preferable.