Expense Management Analyst
£30,000 - £35,000 + bonus + benefits
City of London
Who they are
They are an expanding, specialist bank with an excellent reputation and a strong collegiate culture and friendly and team orientated working environment. They now have a high profile, commercial role which has a direct impact on the strategy and the underlying business of the bank. The role provides financial and business insights to the bank, particularly in the areas of strategy, customers and performance and efficiency.
They have a new role within there Finance department which has arisen due to the automation of a number of processes. The role is a mixture of finance system administration and accountancy and is wide ranging and requires a flexibility of skills and mind-set: The role includes the following:
- Initially to work as a change agent for half a day a week with other members of the Finance team to implement a smooth transition from the current manual paper based Purchase Ledger processes to a fully automated AP system. Operation, control and ongoing development of the Banks automated Accounts Payable (AP) system.
- Business Intelligence (BI) Finance system administration support, acting as a point of contact for the IT Project Office & 17 Project Managers.
- Administration of the year end accruals accounting processes.
- Expense reporting and analysis using both Vision QA and Infor BI providing support to wider team, especially during month end.
- Fixed Asset Register accounting and reconciliation.
- Reconciliation of General Ledger systems. Operational Account monitoring.
- VAT accounting.
- Daily Payment Control checking and cover.
- Pension Fund Trustee accounting.
- Sports and Social Club accounting.
- Ad hoc tasks as directed
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Accounting Technician either part or fully qualified or ACCA or CIMA part qualified and possesses a strong systems interest.
- General Ledger system experience required (Sun Accounts preferred or similar).
- Intermediate book keeping and reconciliation skills and basic account preparation experience and understanding.
- Intermediate/ Advanced Excel and Word skills.
- Infor BI or similar cube base MI tools and or Intermediate Vision QA (or similar application) experience desirable.
- General UK banking experience preferred.
- Ability to work under own initiative to meet deadlines and timetables.