Immediate opportunity to join a prestigious Investment Management Business based in the City. Exceptional work environment and Team Spirit. Great people to work with in a professional but relaxed environment.
Skills Required for Role:
- Experience of Oracle ideally acquired through intensive use of both R11 and R12 versions.
- Proficient working knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel - macros, pivot tables) and MS Word
- Technically sound with good written and oral communication skills
- Part-qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) and experience in similar role in financial services
- Confident, professional and friendly in manner, with the ability to be self motivated, organised and flexible
- Ability to work under pressure but to high levels of numeracy and accuracy
- Responsible for processing and accurately maintaining all necessary and appropriate accounting records for the designated UK/Offshore companies
- Responsible for the accurate recording of transactions to the designated cost centres and maintaining support for accruals
- Responsible for maintaining the monthly balance sheet backup, in particular maintaining intercompany confirmations, prepayments, accruals, debtors and creditors supporting documentation for the designate UK/Offshore companies
- Completion of monthly reporting packs according to the timetable for the designated entities
- Updating any procedures necessary on and ad hoc basis for SOX compliancy.
- Responsible for various month end tasks including journal processing
- Assisting other members of the Finance team and completing ad-hoc tasks as requested
- Responsible for reviewing designated bank statements on a daily basis, coding of entries and posting into General Ledger/Accounts receivable ledger for UK/Offshore companies.