Brief description of the role:
The purpose of the Finance Accountant role is to support the Financial Control Manager in complying with Solvency II Pillar III reporting obligations, and to support the company in performing controls and accounting for month, quarter and year end tasks.
1: Responsible for the Group's compliance obligations for the SII Pillar III Reporting, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining integrity of underlying books and records for the entities.
- Performing the Financial Close Process for the quarterly reporting, annual reporting and ad hoc reporting to the authorities.
- Managing the quarterly and annual reporting process by ensuring deadlines are met jointly by the Finance and Corporate Actuarial Department.
- Preparing and presenting Quarterly and Annual MI Packs to senior management, CFO and Chief Actuary.
- Delivering high quality output for quarterly and annual reporting e.g. Quantitative Reporting Templates ("QRTs"); National Statistic Templates ("NSTs"); Sections of the Solvency and Financial Condition Report and Regulatory Solvency Reporting.
- Maintaining and regularly updating the SII Policy Documents.
- Preparing Board and Audit Committee Packs as required.
- Being the first point of contact for the auditors.
2: Responsible for quarter end and month end accounting and control for US GAAP and IFRS Reporting Basis, including but not limited to:
- Technical Provisions.
- Reinsurance Receivables and Payables.
- Corporation tax.
3: Responsible for preparing technical accounting papers to support accounting treatment under USGAAP, IFRS and Solvency II.
4: Ad hoc projects and requests from Director, Financial Control and Treasury or Financial Control Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified accountant
- Ideally from a big 6 firm of accountants
- Financial services exposure (ideally from an insurance background)
Key skills and Behaviours:
- Proactively provides accurate and timely updates on status of work and escalates issues.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to senior management and executive committee members.
- Ability to produce high quality work within agreed deadlines.
- Ability to manage expectations of managers and external stakeholders.
- Ability to deal with non-standard requests.
- Self-starter with a desire to develop their technical knowledge and skills.