£60,000 - £70,000 + Bonus
They are top independent management consultancy with an excellent reputation gained over more than 25 years. They work across a variety of industries with large, high profile organisations, shaping and delivering complex and transformational change. Partners and consultants tackle their client's most critical challenges, often working as an integral part of their leadership teams. The focus is on successful and lasting change and long term client relationships. A lot of business is a gained from repeat business and referrals from organisations who seek out their expertise. It is an environment where your skill set will be developed and achievements recognised while working in a professional but fun social environment.
Reporting to a Partner you will join the Finance Analyst function. This small team of specialists bring a mixture of professional finance and consulting skills to bear for their clients whilst working on a range of analytical assignments. You will work closely with consultants and partners to deliver some of the most complex engagements and are a key ingredient to producing high quality deliverables on engagements. You will be involved with the client right from the outset and are actively encouraged to bring their analytical skills and commercial acumen to bear. They offer their Finance Analysts a broad variety of work and a structured five stage development programme. This role will suit any aspiring Commercial Director looking to fast track their development. You will be working with experienced consultants to support senior executives from some of the world's largest global organisations. Finance Analyst assignments typically include elements of financial modelling, business analysis and report writing.
- Analysis and financial modelling - Responsible for gathering and analysing relevant data from internal and external reports, interviews or workshops with project team members and client staff, and interrogation of corporate systems. Research to establish as-is financial baseline of client's situation. Financial statement / management report analysis e.g. of a client's Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss and Cash Flow statements. Building financial models and develop business cases which are easily explained and can be handed over for use by others, including precise and clear documentation on what the model does, how it works, assumptions, etc. Undertaking investment appraisals and building knowledge of non-financial analyses e.g. operational, commercial, and strategic - in a wide variety of situations and organisations.
- Client relationship management - Liaises with, and advises our external clients within the context of analysis and financial modelling. The senior finance analyst will work on client site, with the same expectations of location flexibility as is expected of consultants.
- Project and consultant support - Works on a variety of projects with clients. Provides insight and support to consultants. Supporting the Head of Strategic Finance with the internal promotion of the function's capability to consultants and partners. Supporting the project team and lead consultant e.g. by developing financial reports, financial analyses and business case financial models. Responsibility for the technical modelling aspects of business cases, taking them from inception to completion within the overall context agreed by the client / consultant, with support from a consultant or Partner when required.
- Support to client staff- Provides effective instruction and guidance to junior client staff to perform simple data gathering or analysis tasks
THE SUCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Holding a professional finance qualification such as ACA, CIMA or CFA (1-3 Years PQE with first time passes in all stages
- Working directly with external clients and in a Finance Analyst 'type' role within a Commercial / Strategic finance function in professional services or industry e.g. Financial Planning, Due Diligence, Corporate Finance, Valuations, Business modelling etc
- Basic business case development, experience of auditing of excel based models and model development
- Financial statement analysis, including gap analysis, working capital, net debt and EBITDA analysis
- Financial ratio analysis and Cost benefit analysis, investment appraisal, e.g. payback period, IRR, discounted cash flows, NPV, Valuation concepts & techniques e.g. WACC, net assets, DCF, intangible assets, equity method etc.