This well established firm provides actuarial advice, pension's consultancy, administration, risk and investment consultancy to over 900 pension scheme including a large portion of FTSE companies. They are leaders in industry developments through a group of over 800 dedicated, professional staff who value collegiate relationships and creative, innovated thinking.
To provide support to a management accountant who is responsible for several groups of companies. Additionally, to ensure all day to day accounting functions within those companies are operating effectively and within expected timeframes:
- Bank reconciliations (daily, weekly and monthly) & internal reconciliations (accounts payable and receivable)
- Credit Control; (cash sheets, queries, ad hoc, AR ledger, issuing statements, monthly debtor graphs, age debt reports)
- Regularly update accounts payable
- Liaising with payment processing team with various tasks
- Ad hoc tasks shared with other finance assistants for accountants or finance team
- Maintain orderly filing system
- Responsible for ensuring documented procedures for existing functions are up to date
- VAT reconciliations (quarterly VAT return)
What they are looking for
- AAT Qualified or part qualified ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CA.
- At least 6 GCSE's A-C (including Maths and English)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, organised
- Ability to work to deadlines