Finance Business Partner
£55,000 - £60,000 + bonus + benefits
They are a growing financial services group with offices throughout the country and turnover of over £100 million and multi-site locations throughout the UK. Over the last few years they have gone from strength to strength and are recognised as a leader within their field. They now have a new Finance Business Partnering role which is part of a team responsible for ensuring the finance department delivers a high quality service to business managers and senior management within the group. In this role you will experience a diverse range of businesses within the group and have close communication and working relationships with an array of business managers and senior management. The role is an excellent opportunity for an individual who has business partnering experience or who is looking to move to a Finance Business Partner role and who is looking for fresh challenges. Previous financial services is not necessary
Working closely with the Director of Business Partnering, your responsibilities will include:
Relationship management: build a deep understanding of the nature of the businesses and the markets which they operate within as well as developing and managing the relationship between the businesses and the Group Finance function.
Planning and Strategy: you will be responsible for the annual planning process and deliver the budgeted results as well as challenging and seeking validation from the businesses on their financial plans. You will also determine performance metrics which identify where value is being created across the business.
Business Performance Management: this includes determining and setting targets for budgets and forecasts, analysis of business performance (past and projected), month monitoring and analysis of actual performance against target, interpreting and explaining business performance and presenting reports to senior stakeholders in the business including the CFO and Board Directors. You will have to
understand the critical drivers that are key in driving performance in the businesses.
Decision support: This includes providing support for the production of investment proposals/business cases
and the evaluation of such proposals. You will provide new product/business evaluation and also analyses the benefits from approved projects and there delivery
MI and Review: monthly and quarterly analysis and commentary entities monthly accounts and forecasts.
Preparation of the group MI/KPIs for the Board on a monthly basis as well organising and reviewing the quarterly Board papers for all entity and Group Boards and additional MI. As part of the team you will review the budgets of all entities and take part in preparing the consolidated Group annual budget as well as ICAAP and stress testing for the budgeting process.
Acquisitions and divestments: contribute when called upon in completing financial due diligence on possible acquisition targets or liaising with professional advisors. Assisting in ensuring consistent and efficient financial integration.
Other Ad Hoc Work
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this excellent role, you could have a management accountancy, financial management or business partnering background but you must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate, Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 3 years Post Qualification experience and good academic record
- Strong client relationship skills and ability to build working business partnerships across the business and with senior management in a business facing role.
- A strong track record gained within a customer focused environment is essential either in industry or in practice is essential
- Experienced with ownership of finance related projects such as budgeting, change management, strategic plans from start to finish.
- Able to adjust to new business environments, be a fast learner and work within an entrepreneurial and innovative culture.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills and able to understand complex financial data to support business decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) to enable operating at a Group level within an organisation of difference businesses.
- Be pro-active with strong commercial and business awareness and self-motivated with an enthusiastic positive approach to work with sound decision making skills.