- To partner with the Directors, Assistant Directors, Heads of Departments, other budget holders and Management Teams of the Functions to support the preparation of long term strategic plans and annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts.
- Critically review and challenge draft budget and forecast data. Partner with the budget holders to jointly ensure their submitted budgets are complete, deliverable, accurate, avoid duplications or gaps across budget holders and departments and remain within the overall financial framework targets.
- Coordinate the submission of budgets to ensure it is delivered according to annual planning time frames.
Reporting and Analysis
- Ensure delivery of accurate and timely monthly management reports against budget and/ or forecast to all budget holders. This will include identifying and correcting any mis-postings and addressing the route cause of any errors.
- Review the monthly management reports with relevant budget holders and Management Teams and provide comprehensive and insightful analysis and commentary on key variances for directorate and to support Board Report. Ensure these are well understood by budget holders and action is taken to manage these where necessary.
- Attend monthly management meetings in directorates to present consolidated and departmental monthly financial results, draw out major financial trends and issues.
- In partnership with relevant budget holders and Management Teams identify and conduct analysis which could support improving value for money, efficiency, operational improvements or strategic decision making. This would include developing relevant costing or commercial models.