Finance Business Partner Analyst
£65,000 - £75,000 + bonus + benefits
City of London
Major European investment management group with over £75 billion AUM. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team at the start of a growth phase and is the first hire by the Head of Finance Business Partnering and will be a wide ranging and very interesting role.
The Finance Business Partnering Analyst's initial primary responsibility is to lead the development and production of fully allocated profitability analysis to support strategic senior management decision making. You will be supported by a full project infrastructure team. The target completion date for this is by the end of the year. Once completed the Finance Business Analyst will take responsibility for the model and conduct analysis for reports to senior management - this will account for 60% of the role. In addition the Finance Business Analyst will act as the Finance Business Partner for key teams across Distribution and Investments and will support the growth and increased scope of Finance Business Partnering.
- Support the implementation of SAP's Profitability & Cost Management (PCM) tool, working on business requirements, system testing and user training
- Production of fully allocated profitability analysis across multiple dimensions (including investment desks and sales channels) to support strategic senior management decision making
- Work closely with finance and business stakeholders to interpret profitability analysis, undertaking further detailed offline analysis to identify opportunities to improve business performance
- Lead of the ongoing development of PCM, working with key business stakeholders, finance colleagues and system developers
- Act as Finance Business Partner to key Distribution and Investment teams, ensuring they place appropriate focus on financial issues and advising them on achieving financial results
- Support to the Finance Business Partner for ad hoc work such as running financial modelling to support business cases, fund launch, merger / closure activity etc.
- Work closely with Head of Business Finance to implement change and projects across the Finance platform
- Assistance with the development and provision of all management information, including ad-hoc requests, budgets and forecasts
- You will liaise across the business with Senior Business Management, Senior Finance Management, M. I. Team, Financial Control Team, Finance Platform Team and Corporate Business Heads
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this excellent role, you must meet the following criteria
- Graduate qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years Investment Management experience and strong understanding how an investment management business works. This is essential
- Minimum of 3 years FP&A, finance business partnering or management reporting experience, covering both Revenue and Expenses, preferably across multiple functions
- Advanced Excel (good modelling skills), intermediate PowerPoint and Word
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge, influence and manage key stakeholders mainly.
- Team player with a flexible results driven approach
- Excellent analytical ability with a good attention to detail
- Confidence and able to show conviction over opinions and suggestions
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Self-starter with proven problem solving capabilities
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Profitability experience (particularly allocation models) would be useful but is not essential.