Finance Business Partner- Development Finance
£45000- £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
They are a highly successful, entrepreneurial, growing specialist bank who provide specialised lending to businesses and individuals. Their business offering includes asset finance, bridging finance, commercial property finance, development finance and specialised business loans. They now have a role within Property Development Finance which is the largest division within the bank. The business is involved in residential property development with a typical size of loan being between £500,000 - £10 million. The ideal candidate will be a newly qualified Accountant with the skills to sit in the front office and work with Business Development Managers.
Working with the Head of Operations of Property Development and close liaison with Business Development Managers and the Head of Property Development, the role has a strong commercial focus and includes:
- To provide effective reporting and provision of operational control of the Property Development Division.
- To initiate the provision of reports and action against reported exceptions.
- To support the Property Development Management with analysis of the Division's financial accounts and budgets, and other performance metrics.
- To prepare the monthly reconciliation of syndication and sub-participations.
- To oversee the daily and monthly review of cashflow forecasts.
- To be a centre of knowledge for the banking system.
- Manage Property Group outgoing payments.
- To provide required reporting above, liaising with the IT department to ensure that reports are available as required.
- To manage the daily cash flow forecasts to ensure that all relevant staff are updating for changes in a timely and complete manner.
- Undertake testing of the banking system as required.
- Oversee the collection of interest including via direct debit.
- Provide monthly reconciliations to their syndication and sub participation partners
- Act as Property Development liaison with Finance Dept and deal with any queries arising.
- Carry out periodic reviews of various datasets including risk weights and SME scalars.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Recently qualified ACA or ACCA who is very numerate with strong analytical skills.
- Financial services experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
- IT literate with good Word and advanced Excel skills, SQL experience would be an advantage.
- Professional communications skills, able to communicate with businesses and colleagues by telephone, email and face to face