£75000 + Bonus + Benefits
Global asset management firm with strong reputation and recognised as a market leader within the mutual fund industry.
The role is based in the London EMEA finance function and reports directly to the Financial Controller who you will support with regard to Statutory Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, Tax and VAT Reporting and monthly financial close duties. The role also encompasses ad hoc project work and improvement to processes in relation to the accounting and reporting functions for U.K. legal entities, European and offshore tax efficient entities. The role includes the following:
- Preparing draft financial accounts for U.K., and other European legal entities including group consolidations.
- Interim and year end audit: You will communicate with the external auditors and provide information to them as required.
- Reviewing monthly tax provisions for U.K. and Irish legal entities and prepare annual draft tax computations and liaise with tax advisors dealing with any queries they raise. Calculating year end provisions for all entities as part of the year end close process.
- Calculate paying quarterly and annual corporation tax instalments.
- Preparing and submitting the UK quarterly VAT return including partially exempt status VAT groups.
- Reviewing and/ or preparing regulatory returns and submission to the FSA for a couple of U.K. regulated entities as well as prepare regulatory returns for a European entity.
- Producing the monthly Regulatory Capital report and monitoring distributable cash.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations for EMEA legal entities and provide support in maintaining all reconciliations in line with our Corporate Accounting policy.
- Provide support to the EMEA finance team and Global finance as required.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this excellent role you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant, experience gained in Financial Services from working within a Finance Department or experience gained through an audit role.
- Clear understanding of current accounting practice including accounts preparation (group level accounting preferable) gained within the investment management industry
- Good level of understanding of UK Corporation Tax computations.
- Experience in preparing and submitting or exposure via audit to FSA returns for Investment Management firms.
- Experience in preparing quarterly U.K. VAT returns with knowledge of partial exemption method.
- Experience managing a direct report is useful.